Posting this mostly to put my thoughts out there somewhere. I don't really talk about this stuff with the people I'm close to, because it takes a lot for me to open up to somebody. So thank you all for reading my rambling thoughts.

Anywho. Going into the LDR situation, I knew it was going to be hard. Especially since it came at a time when most new couples would be experiencing their "honeymoon phase". Yes, I know when school starts back up in August, we'll continue and pick up that phase of our relationship, and I should consider myself lucky that the passionate beginning will last that much longer.

Still. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THEN. It's so flippin hard sometimes. Right now, I want nothing more than to be with her. Most days I'm fine doing my own thing, and have no problems going out and chilling with buddies. We talk pretty much every day, but still, that's not enough it seems. I need physical contact with her. It's so frustrating, I just want to punch through walls.

But still, for some reason, I know I wouldn't want to do this any differently. I take comfort in the fact that I know she wouldn't be doing this LDR thing if she didn't think the relationship was worth it, and at 1.5 months LDR (we're almost half way through, yay!), if she wanted to quit my now she would have. So, I guess as each day goes by, I'm gaining trust in this wonderful girl, and my anxiety that she's not as interested in me as I am in her is starting to relax.

I'm just tired of overanalyzing every conversation we have over the phone or through text. It seems like every time we get off the phone, no matter how good of a conversation it was (and they've ALL been good), I overthink things, and convince myself that she now thinks I'm some sort of dolt. Of course, I don't let on that I have these insecurities, as when I'm talking to her I feel like the most confident guy in the world. It's always post-conversation.

Anyways, again, just wanted to put some thoughts out there. Lack of sleep and stress from school/work is weighing on me, and with the last half of the summer rolling around, things are about to get hectic.

Don't force the relationship... let it evolve organically. However, if you have insecurities I'd express them to her. Don't necessarily come and pour them out, but do tell her... she may be feeling very much the same way.

-Kevin

i was going through the same thing not a few days ago. I met someone online, we met for the first time and the first couple days following i was a mess because I really like her and wanted to be with her. Kevin gave me basically the same advice, which is working out for me.

Just be happy, and be sure to get out of the house! I can't tell you how much that helped me. If you think or she does feel the same about you, you have nothing to worry about.

aldridal,

I felt the same way at first in the beginning, but later realized two things:

1) She's the greatest thing to happen to me, and I used to think that I'd NEVER meet someone like her.

2) Just as it took a long time for me to eventually bump into her, so will it take a long time for us to forge our bond.

Know that this is a CHALLENGE, and like all challenges this one will make a better person of you. If she's willing to stick with you, she's worth sticking with. No matter what happens, don't feel that it was a waste of time. It builds character, and makes you all the wiser.

aldridal,

I felt the same way at first in the beginning, but later realized two things:

1) She's the greatest thing to happen to me, and I used to think that I'd NEVER meet someone like her.

2) Just as it took a long time for me to eventually bump into her, so will it take a long time for us to forge our bond.

Know that this is a CHALLENGE, and like all challenges this one will make a better person of you. If she's willing to stick with you, she's worth sticking with. No matter what happens, don't feel that it was a waste of time. It builds character, and makes you all the wiser.

Holy hell, that's brilliant. I couldn't agree more. I guess assuming she sticks with me until the school year starts back up, she'd obviously have to be pretty invested in this relationship. Afterall, somebody doesn't go an entire summer being committed to an LDR and then just throw it away easily.

Thanks!

Archived