girlfriend needs space

doyouloveme

today my girlfriend told me that she feels that she doesn't like me as much as i like her. and that recently she's been feeling a little apathetic about things and she's not sure if it's cause her week has been stressful or if it's cause she's losing interest in me. i asked her if she wants to break up and she told me that she doesn't know. she said that she is happy with me sometimes, but other times she just feels apathetic (like she's not unhappy but she's not happy). she said she needs space to figure out what she wants.

we've been together 3 months and we are going to college together. i know that i should give her the space and i will. but for how long? when should i decide to just give up and move on and try to date other people?

dont go on a break - you're either with her, or without her.

a break is a way of her putting you in limbo while she tries something new. it's kind of a "i want to see if i can continue without you, or to test new waters, or to see if the grass is greener on the other side... just wait there a few months while i figure it out" kind of thing.

It's cowardly.

It's been 3 months, the honeymoon period has ended and she's probably just kicking back against that -- maybe she doesnt have enough relationship experience or emotional stability to carry on beyond that 'all is well phase'.

Or maybe she's just realised you're not compatible.

Either way it's only been 3 months. I'd just move on in your shoes Good luck with whatever you do.

today my girlfriend told me that she feels that she doesn't like me as much as i like her. and that recently she's been feeling a little apathetic about things and she's not sure if it's cause her week has been stressful or if it's cause she's losing interest in me. i asked her if she wants to break up and she told me that she doesn't know. she said that she is happy with me sometimes, but other times she just feels apathetic (like she's not unhappy but she's not happy). she said she needs space to figure out what she wants.

we've been together 3 months and we are going to college together. i know that i should give her the space and i will. but for how long? when should i decide to just give up and move on and try to date other people?

Dude. . .I am just in your shoes. . .

She didn't tell me she didn't knwo if she liked me or not.

She just faded away. . .and it was painful to watch.

Reason being there was a scar left behind and she had not gotten over it.

The person who leftt he scar is still there in her mind and she hopes that things will turn out fine again.

Sometimes I wonder about it. . .if it is true. . .

She did say she is only 21.

But then she met me who was the perfect person but she was not ready.

Something about bad timing.

In short I can relate and feel what you feel.

I know it's horrible and even thoug it has been only a few months of you two together, your wound heals. . .

You may feel it open up now and then but it eventually heals.

I know because I feel mine douing just that.

I just don't know if it will fully heal from what I went through.

Yea... personally I don't believe in taking a "break" in relationships. They're a cowardly, cop out way of saying "I want to break up, but not hurt your feelings." It's not fair to you that she's not being honest with herself and the relationship.

Either work it out or end it.

I gave my ex a week for "space", and then demanded to know our status. Turns out she was sleeping with another guy during that time. It's cowardly, it sucks, and it hurts. Do yourself a favor, and YOU be the one to end it, and not her.

i will probably sound pathetic saying this, but we are still "in a relationship" on facebook. if she really just wanted to dump me, why wouldn't she take our relationship off the page?

i guess the point is that before i go out and try to date other girls, i really want to make sure that we're actually over first?

i will probably sound pathetic saying this, but we are still "in a relationship" on facebook. if she really just wanted to dump me, why wouldn't she take our relationship off the page?

i guess the point is that before i go out and try to date other girls, i really want to make sure that we're actually over first?

Take the initiative? From what it sounds to me, this is nothing good, and you'd be saving yourself a world of hurt.

IMO, internet blogs and profiles should not be an indicator whether you're in a relationship or not. Sounds like you both are having communication problems and are hiding your true intentions behind a computer. Best way to deal with this is to face your fears by having a heart-to-heart talk of where you both stand.

I suggest reading what the other posters have advised.

You have been together for 3 months and she wants space? A red flag of this relationship won't last.

Stop playing games. Tell her if she loves you, stay with the relationship. If not then save the heart ache by ending it. I got nothing else to say.

She's Not Texting Me Like She U...
She's Not Texting Me Like She Used To

Archived