100 Days No Contact - Yeah!!

uj2004
NO ALCOHOL FOR 5 MONTHS - Do I Feel...
NO ALCOHOL FOR 5 MONTHS - Do I Feel Different?

I am quite happy to reach this milestone people!

I would like to use this post as encouragement to everyone here struggling in the early days of no contact, because it can be done.

I am coming out of a 3.5 year relationship, which included a 10 month break up while still seeing and talking to eachother all the time. Back together in December, and dumped at the end of February. So, I've been through the ringer. Oh yeah, she was with another guy within hours.

This was my first go at no contact, there were no failed attempts or re issues of it. Spoke on the phone March 17 and told her I needed a month away, and, well, I never went back.

Its tough, and you will find it actually gets worse as the NC goes further. That's because you realise that person is not coming back, and not chasing you. If they do, good luck to you, but I guess my ex knows that she hurt me badly, and that I have NOTHING left to offer her. She wanted to be friends, I want my sanity.

I won.

I am still healing, don't get me wrong, but yeah, 100 days is a nice feeling. Its more than 18 weeks since I last saw her too, so time really is ticking along on the healing period. I hope to be feeling great again by about September-October I guess. Id like to meet someone new by then.

Well yeah, it's gonna hurt for a long time. But I mean, rewind to like 99 days ago. Did you ever think you'd be this far along in the healing process? Probably not. When you're feeling heartbroken, you think you'll never ever get over it. But we all do. I really am happy for your progress

Well yeah, it's gonna hurt for a long time. But I mean, rewind to like 99 days ago. Did you ever think you'd be this far along in the healing process? Probably not. When you're feeling heartbroken, you think you'll never ever get over it. But we all do. I really am happy for your progress

I think when she blew off my birthday on May 29, she pretty much ruled out any chance of me EVER wanting her friendship ever again. It was my 30th too, and not even so much as a card. She got $250 cash from me for her birthday which was this year. To me, the least she could have done was acknowledge mine to reciprocate, even if we were still together on her day.

Sometimes I feel no better than 99 days ago, but I also can snap out of those times now, where then I was stuck in it. I just have to stop the constant thoughts of her now. A new girlfriend is probably needed for that, but only when I am ready.

Yeah, yeah. . .

So far it's been two days since last texting.

good job!! The longer you go, the easier it'll be. And he was with her for 3 years. So if he can do it, you certainly can too Did you sleep well last night?

Well nvm all that, it's off topic. I'm goin to bed soon, but if there are any new developments or you just wanna talk, PM me.

I think when she blew off my birthday on May 29, she pretty much ruled out any chance of me EVER wanting her friendship ever again. It was my 30th too, and not even so much as a card. She got $250 cash from me for her birthday which was this year. To me, the least she could have done was acknowledge mine to reciprocate, even if we were still together on her day.

Sometimes I feel no better than 99 days ago, but I also can snap out of those times now, where then I was stuck in it. I just have to stop the constant thoughts of her now. A new girlfriend is probably needed for that, but only when I am ready.

Of course, a new girlfriend would be very helpful in the moving on process. Just be careful not to use her as a rebound. I've been that girl before and it doesn't feel too good knowing you were used as a distraction. Only when you're ready too, just as you said. Slow and steady.

My ex came into my life at the perfect time, when I was about 95% healed from the previous girl. The funny thing is, I found it harder getting over the previous girl, because she asked me out, then kept cancelling, and eventually found someone else. She would rebound back whenever she broke up with that guy.

Getting over those what if's were much harder than getting over a girl that was destructive to me. I know I am better without her, as much as I love her dearly. But the other one was a tough one to get past because her and I had a great chemistry, but we never got to take it further.

Point being, no, I wont date if its a rebound...unlike my ex, whether her thing works or not. I wont ever know anyway!

congratulations mate. thats a great achievement! Im on day 73

Ive started remembering all the things that annoyed in the relationship too. And i actually feel im glad im not with her anymore. I will never go back!

I will have bouts of remembering all the annoying things that she would do to me and the unfairness. . .

Then I will remember the times where everything was amazing and it brings me down when I think about what it's become.:sad:

Then I will remember the times where everything was amazing and it brings me down when I think about what it's become.

That feeling wont leave you for a long time. I feel like the 3.5 years went by in a heartbeat, now its been nearly 130 days since I last saw her. I wont ever have closure....the last time I saw her we were together, no hint of a breakup, just she was a little bit 'off'.

Ill never get over a text message breakup...one of many things she did that ensure I wont break NC (she has broken it twice, I ignored both attempts).

The really unfortunate thing for me is that there isnt a single thing that annoyed me about her... Call me crazy, but I loved everything about her. We never had a single argument in all the 7 months we were together... I cant imagine how hard 3 YEARS must be on somebody if I feel like this after only 7 months.

The only negative thoughts I can bring myself to are things about the way she handled things after she ended it. The hurt she caused me...

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope I can be as strong as you. I think I can do it.

The really unfortunate thing for me is that there isnt a single thing that annoyed me about her... Call me crazy, but I loved everything about her. We never had a single argument in all the 7 months we were together... I cant imagine how hard 3 YEARS must be on somebody if I feel like this after only 7 months.

The only negative thoughts I can bring myself to are things about the way she handled things after she ended it. The hurt she caused me...

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope I can be as strong as you. I think I can do it.

You probably have better memories in some ways - 7 months, its all still fresh, that love. After 3+ years, you still love them and are so comfortable around them, but the love isnt burning as bright as at the 7 month mark, generally speaking anyway.

But yes, its quite strange adjusting to my life as if it were 2005 (met her in the back half of 2005).

lol congratulations to all of us! Now to find people who deserve our love and respect

I don't meant on be a negaitive on what you posted, but isn't it true that many of us wounded souls think. . .is this possible after what we have been through?

Worried is this going to happen again?

Whats going to happen next?

Can't help but look at into the future with fear of meeting someone again and things are all great. . .then all of a sudden without notice it all takes a turn for the worst, knowing you did nothing wrong.

I don't meant on be a negaitive on what you posted, but isn't it true that many of us wounded souls think. . .is this possible after what we have been through?

Worried is this going to happen again?

Whats going to happen next?

Can't help but look at into the future with fear of meeting someone again and things are all great. . .then all of a sudden without notice it all takes a turn for the worst, knowing you did nothing wrong.

Im a wounded soul and i dont feel that way. I did though for a while. But now im happy im single and im enjoying life. And my emotional batteries will recharge while im happy being single and when someone else i connect with comes along ill enter into a relationship with hope and love instead of doubt and trepidation.

i was in a car accident once. For a week i was very nervous driving around in cars. but i got used to it again and i learnt to be confident again

Archived