tired of games!

manup7228

i mean honestly, i am in college, and i feel that everyone, guys and girls included, all play games. dont call for 2 days after getting the number, girls dont respond immediately, sometimes ignore texts, sometimes act like you dont care, its just all this bull * * * * that i know about. its like who do you think your fooling? you think i just think your that cool that you dont look at your phone for a whole day?

im not angry, its just does anyone else feel this way? its like everyone follows the lame 'mind-game' code? im like tired of it, its makes me lose attraction and interest. im not saying i want to rush into things, i just feel the same process is followed everytime, and i dont need to prove my cool-ness to anyone and i dont need them to prove it to me. i wouldnt call/text if i wasnt interested already.

guess this all stems from the fact that i met this girl at a party this past weekend, and she was really into me. following week we talked on facebook for like an hour and a half and she kept dropping subtle hints that she wanted me to take her out. i asked her, she said yes, i got her number. it was all going good. then i text her the same day (we were supposed to meet the next) just to see what time she would be in my town and got no response. i text her caz it was 930 and she babysits and i figured she wouldnt be able to talk anyway. well long story short, she never responded, and the dumbest part was that she was on facebook chat the whole time but i didnt talk to her becaz i didnt want to send a text that she potentially ignored then try to creep her out on chat too.

ok i just needed to write that out. i mean i dont think she would go through all this trouble just to play me, but who knows now and days? that vent was helpful. dont know if i am going to try and reach out again, guess i need to come up with a plan!

thanks for you time. man up.

...well long story short, she never responded, and the dumbest part was that she was on facebook chat the whole time but i didnt talk to her becaz i didnt want to send a text that she potentially ignored then try to creep her out on chat too.

Isn't this an example of "playing games" as you put it? Not trying to be critical, just pointing out that we're all human. When you are concerned about what a person thinks, how your actions may be misconstrued, etc, it makes one pause and think about what they are doing. Spontaneity is a great trait, but can also be tempered with logic. Maybe her phone was simply in the other room or off. I'd look for patterns of behavior, not one time events.

-Kevin

No I agree with the poster. There is a difference albeit a blurry gray line between trying to play games because you don't want to be honest with someone when it risks inconveniencing you and doing something that you believe acts within the parameters of your attraction.

Isn't this an example of "playing games" as you put it?

I disagree. Playing games is when you basically deliberately wait or whatever. His reasons for not wanting to seem desperate or creepy for not trying Facebook chat are very reasonable, as was his original reason for sending that text with what he thought was her schedule.

"She ignored the text, why should I try Facebook chat then?" is not game playing at all.

update:

she didnt respond the rest of the night, but did respond the next day. i guess maybe her phone was dead? but anyways i got called into work so we couldnt hang out tues night anyway. and we might hang out this friday but who knows..

anyways i am in sort of a dilemma at the moment. i text her and she is very responsive answers all my questions and sends me a ton of "smiley" faces too. but she never asks me questions? and doesnt seem that interested in me in particular. i honestly think she is just looking for me to have sex with her, not to sound arrogant but i think she just wants me to screw her while we go to the same school. i guess " * * * * buddies" haha. which doesnt bother me to the slightest, i just cant figure out if its a good thing or not or if were actually going to make this happen. like i said she is not interested in me at all but is def interested in me knowing about her lol.

but its whatever, im just updating, and explaining my thoughts at the moment. dont know if im going to keep trying to initiate conversation / keep the convo going all the time.

Archived