The ones you like are never the ones who like you...

spainman_88
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror St...
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror Stories Reaction - Dating Stories Series - Darkpedia

So I've definitely spent a lot of time talking about dates which never went anywhere, not having calls returned, having one or two dates with a girl and then nothing after that, the numbers game of online dating, etc.

But now I've actually had 4 dates with a girl form online who is really into me. Only thing is I don't really feel like I click with her.

When I find a girl who is interested in me, she is not one who I am really interested in pursuing. I've met many girls I was interested and liked, but they were never really into me. Now its the opposite, and its pretty frustrating as well. Anyone else feel this or have it this way? Never the ones you want...

Yea...its called human nature....everyone wants what they cant have!!!!

It usually works best when there is a balance on both sides...when both r equally unsure...and is a challenge...until u actually really do both like eachother....

It seems like so many people...esp men...want what they can not have....dont appreciate what they do have etc....

Mine are just always married or in a committed relationship. We like each other but can't do anything about it. If I had a dollar for everytime I said or a man said, "I wish we'd known each other before...." I could buy a Ferrari.

I think what happens when you get out of the vicious cycle of being into the thrill of the chase you are able to be excited about someone who lets herself be caught and lets you know that, with the caveat that she lets you know that in a confident way -- because clinginess as a first impression is a turn off even for those who have no interest in the "chase".

Getting out of the cycle to me requires self-confidence so that if someone is into you you're not going to question (internally) why she would choose you.... unless she was a loser or similar. It also requires prioritizing (not just intellectually, but in your heart/soul) being in a committed relationship rather than constantly having your heart race during the chase -- and being content with a different kind of spark and passion which is fueled not by the hot/cold stuff but by the real person.

Even though I haven't followed all of your threads my guess is you are so caught up in the chase that, even though you imagine that if you caught one of these prizes you would cherish her, since you haven't yet you can't really know that - perhaps you'd be bored if you did.

This kept happening to me! Met several guys online--didn't like *most* of them, though oddly enough they were enamored with me right away, one to the point of potential stalker-ish behavior...

But the two that I did like, they were *sort of* into me, but didn't care one way or the other if they only saw me like once every 3 weeks or so.

Fortunately, I think I've *finally* found one that I like that likes me equally so we'll see how that goes!

This kept happening to me! Met several guys online--didn't like *most* of them, though oddly enough they were enamored with me right away, one to the point of potential stalker-ish behavior...

But the two that I did like, they were *sort of* into me, but didn't care one way or the other if they only saw me like once every 3 weeks or so.

Fortunately, I think I've *finally* found one that I like that likes me equally so we'll see how that goes!

Yup...i've met several girls (through online and in person) for first dates...the ones who I like and want to keep seeing never work, they lose interest or dont like me in the first place. The few who have been really into me, I havent felt the same way about.....

I was in a situation like this in high school where I liked this one girl that was new to the school but I was too shy to pursue. She was quite pretty and quickly surrounded herself by the more "popular" kids, which socially demagnetized me. Then I find out years later she has/had a crush on me. FML.

So I've definitely spent a lot of time talking about dates which never went anywhere, not having calls returned, having one or two dates with a girl and then nothing after that, the numbers game of online dating, etc.

But now I've actually had 4 dates with a girl form online who is really into me. Only thing is I don't really feel like I click with her.

When I find a girl who is interested in me, she is not one who I am really interested in pursuing. I've met many girls I was interested and liked, but they were never really into me. Now its the opposite, and its pretty frustrating as well. Anyone else feel this or have it this way? Never the ones you want...

Yes but now I know how to get the ons who I like. Just be funny, unpredictable, and confident and you will get that girl you want.

i can totally relate to what everyone is saying here. I have the habit of being approached by guys and the when i get interested, they become uninterested. Its baffling. Then when a perfectly wonderfully nice guy approaches me, i usually find myself not interested. When I really think about, I understand that with myself....I believe I am somewhat afriad of commitment...the seroius relationship. Most times I know from the get go if i guy isnt really interested in me, but i still go ahead with it because in the back my my head i know that i will be safe from having to commit to anything. Then when Mr. Wonderful comes along......I scatter.......why becuase truly Im not ready to be in a serious realtionship.

Archived