What's wrong with me!?!?

hmdreamer7

God, I don't know why I did this. I was out with my friends, and we started talking about this guy that I've liked recently (previous thread= ), and they encouraged me to invite him out to the bar through text, so I did. I said, "hey, my friends from college and I are going out to X bar, you should come out with us!" and he replied, "K"

So my friends and I arrive, and he's not there. My friends encourage another text so I text him again, "we just got here, sittin in the back - still comin?" and I get no reply. He never shows up.

Now I'm at home, sitting here like an a** 'cause I did this and nothing happened. If I see him around tomorrow, I'm just going to act like nothing happened, but what I really feel is rejected and stupid that I even did something again! What's wrong with me!? Why can't I just move on?

Sorry, this is such a rant, but I feel better knowing that I've got it off my chest. *sigh*

Sometimes it's not clear when you're in the middle of your situation, but reading your past thread and your current situation, from an outsider perspective, it does sound like he's blown you off twice.

He obviously has your number and isn't calling you. He doesn't initiate anything.

You deserve a better guy who will be so into you that you don't have to look desperate.

I've been stood up several times. In one case, I'd driven an hour to where we were supposed to meet, and when I talked to her afterward about it, she didn't see that she'd done anything wrong.

Yes, it's rejection. But you know, it's just as well you find out someone is a jerk early. You really don't want to have anything to do with someone who behaves this way. Even the single-character "K" response was iffy.

I wouldn't act as if "nothing happened." He was rude to you, and letting him get away with that just enables him. Either give him the cold shoulder, or tell him "that was rude" and move on. In either case, you've lucked out. Time to call "next!" and look at other people.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with you; you showed initiative and you put yourself on the line, each an action that could be called brave and self-confident. He didn't go for it, but that doesn't reflect badly upon your person. You've done well to make a move. Most people cannot bring themselves to even go that far.

That said, I would leave this particular 'fish' in the sea and start trolling for a fellow who will be more receptive to a go getter like yourself.

It might seem weird but maybe this is what you needed to do to finally have it sink in completely. Your mind is a very powerful organ that can sometimes does things that might not seem good for you in the moment but its just how it works. Its usually afterwards when you able to get a better perspective that your able to accept it for what it is. I think your taking it hard which is ok but once your able to really get past that then really try to see things differently and hopefully make the better choice next time.

Well thanks everyone for your support, I really appreciate it.

I don't know what to make of this though... I received a text from him this morning, and it said, "I missed you guys."

Huh!? Why would he text me that in the morning? Plus, there was only a 15 min. window between when I texted him about it and when I arrived at the bar, and my friends and I stayed there 'till close. I got the text this morning at 9:00am, I didn't know how to respond so I didn't say anything...

Now is YOUR chance to blow him off. Don't respond. He's probably curious on whether you are mad or what. Play it cool. Let him be in the hot seat for a while. And if you happen to bump into him, play it cool. Act like it didn't even bother you whether he showed up or not.

Aw, it's okay. Don't feel stupid, we've all been there. If you see him, yeah, act like nothing happened. If it comes up, just play it off like you had a damn good time and still play it cool. Just be like "Yeah you missed a great time Saturday night!" or whatever night it was, and leave it at that. Don't let him know that you're down about it.

Well thanks everyone for your support, I really appreciate it.

I don't know what to make of this though... I received a text from him this morning, and it said, "I missed you guys."

Huh!? Why would he text me that in the morning? Plus, there was only a 15 min. window between when I texted him about it and when I arrived at the bar, and my friends and I stayed there 'till close. I got the text this morning at 9:00am, I didn't know how to respond so I didn't say anything...

Oh haha I didn't see that before. Just wait a while and then reply something that does not imply you're interested in him at all. Play like he's just a buddy of yours. Be like "yeah dude you missed a damn good time!" (or if that's weird for you, just don't use "dude" lol I do with my guy friends, but some girl's don't.)

Archived