Frustration setting in...

Raha

So this girl and I have been talking since I met her at the beginning of May, and I kind of had an attraction for her, but it wasn't much of anything. I met her through my best friend's sister. We have gotten together as friends but have basically done something every week since I met her. It was really a beautiful friendship that was budding. Then, I decided I needed to smash that to pieces!

As time went on, I was attracted to her more and more. She was calling and texting me more, and as time went on I felt like there was mutual attraction. So, I decided I'd try my luck and ask her on a date. In the last 2 years, I have not had a date, since my last girlfriend of 18 months. It's not that I haven't pursued women, but I do bring a very odd sense of humor and I can be offensive. But I understand that! Anyway....

I asked her out one night, but this girl is a pleaser. She really won't say no to anything, so I said to her to please say "no" if she really wasn't interested. But she said "Yeah...maybe." Right there, I knew that it was over. There was no interest by her. But she insisted on yes, so I rolled with it.

I had told my best friend I asked her out, but he said that his sister told him "a while ago" that she just didn't like me like that. This didn't phase me, it was just another tally to the list lol. So I decided to just take her on the date, and for that to be the end of it. And we went on the date, and it was very nice. I didn't dare make a move because of what I was told, and that was fine.

Now, I seem to stop thinking about her. I told my friend I'm done going any further with her, so he decided to start talking to her. They are hitting it off, but if she and him get together, it might be the straw that breaks the camel's back with all my recent downfalls. I tried so hard to make it happen with her, and I just couldn't do it. He seems to be putting in half the work and they haven't really talked, but I have a funny feeling they will get together. I just can't seem to win.

I want to be a good friend to my best friend, but its going to rip my heart from the outside if they get together. How do I cope?

You will find the one for you. Think of it. Don't you eventually want just one girl who you will be happy with? Well, there are plenty out there and you just haven't met her yet. If your best friend hits it off with her, try to be happy for them. They may have found each other. Don't get jealous that they found each other so fast and so easily. We all have our season. And we are constantly becoming a better person.

Yeah... I've encountered a lot of "so close! but not quite" type of guys. If she's not interested, it's definitely "not quite." Cuz, the girl for you will be head over heels for you. You'll find her. Good luck! And try not to think about their life so much. You have a busy life. They're so busy living theirs, why should you spend any of your precious time thinking about them? Your life is more important than that.

Thanks, encouraging as it is. But I don't think its so much her in general anymore, but my life as a whole. But thank you, you really have encouraged me a lot. I didn't think I could be at this point.

Archived