what to do if manager is biased

one manager exclude me in his project, I don't know what he said about me but could possibly be that "I'm not proficient, i messed things up,I'm not team player. etc." I believe people in the office know what's really going on and think I'm good at the kind of job he's talking about, but it's like "elephant in the room" no one talk about--the real reason is office politics.

so should i address this in my staff review or i should stay on the positive side?

I would stand up for myself and let me know manager know confidently but not assertive, "I have what it takes to handle this project, it was something I would have put alot of work and ability to. I understand you have your reasons for not selecting me for this specific one. I do hope you allow the opportunity in the future to show you what I can accomplish and how valuable I can be". BAM! Says it all.

Have you asked him about it? Right now you are making up what he might or might not have said. Which won't do you or him nay good. Have you tired asking him why you aren't working on a project? Don't accuse him, just ask. Say you thought you where going to be on that project, or you wanted to be, and you want to know why you aren't. It could be a lot of reasons.

Talk to him before you jump to conclusions, if you don't like office politics try and break out of them by having human connections instead of buying back into them by reviewing him badly. That is always an option later if you still feel mistreated.

I'm pretty sure he's personal preference issues in it. he hates another manager who favors me. and it's not the first time he did this, my supervisor left the firm coz his abuse. but he did it well, there's no evidence that we can use against him....and one small project i did lost money before, that's true, so he's ground.

Have you asked him about it? Right now you are making up what he might or might not have said. Which won't do you or him nay good. Have you tired asking him why you aren't working on a project? Don't accuse him, just ask. Say you thought you where going to be on that project, or you wanted to be, and you want to know why you aren't. It could be a lot of reasons.

Talk to him before you jump to conclusions, if you don't like office politics try and break out of them by having human connections instead of buying back into them by reviewing him badly. That is always an option later if you still feel mistreated.

i wanted to but my firm needs him, they won't sacrifice him for me even if a lot of ppl dislike him.

I would stand up for myself and let me know manager know confidently but not assertive, "I have what it takes to handle this project, it was something I would have put alot of work and ability to. I understand you have your reasons for not selecting me for this specific one. I do hope you allow the opportunity in the future to show you what I can accomplish and how valuable I can be". BAM! Says it all.

I'm pretty sure he's personal preference issues in it. he hates another manager who favors me. and it's not the first time he did this, my supervisor left the firm coz his abuse. but he did it well, there's no evidence that we can use against him....and one small project i did lost money before, that's true, so he's ground.

Have you tried talking to him? I mean really. Sitting down and saying that you feel these things? He might feel differently. He might not; you should at least TRY to have open communication with someone you work with. The reason office politics happen is because people can't sit down and talk.

Archived