maggie3637
Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch T...
Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch This!

well I guess i have a real problem with shyness it's really hard for me to meet people and to open up to them i need advice on trying to learn how to communicate with others. It really makes me sad when I just can't seem to relate to people or have a normal conversation with some one without feeling nervous and scared or that the world is going to end if I open my mouth and talk. I know shyness comes from basically not feeling good about your self feeling ashamed of yourself and not worthy of love and happiness. It's not something you are born with. I jsut want some advice on how to be free from all this feeling really frightened of just opening my mouth and saying something to a person i hate this it makes me feel like I'm an alien and i can't relate to humans. It's makes for a lonely life. Does anyone have any advice on how to help me with this debilitating shyness. I can't take it anymore. it really has affected my life terribly.

Your not like an alien....its very common for people to be shy. I use to be a very shy person as well. I always use to think that whatever I had to say nobody would be interested in. However, I tried a few simple things and it worked very well for me. I found that whenever somebody is talking to you, show that you are interested in what they are saying by acknowledging them with strong eye contact, smiling, and phrases like "It sounds like you had a great time at _____". When that person discovers that you are interested in what they are saying they are likely to reciprocate and ask you about what you have been up to. By seeing that they were interested in what I had to say was the main thing that helped me get out of my slump and become a more social person. Hope this helps

Yeah, it's very difficult for me too. In America, shyness is pretty much considered a disease. But if you travel to other countries, some places actually think of shyness as a whole different beast. In some cultures, shyness is actually valued. Imagine that. Maybe you could move to another country (just kidding).

I'm drawn to shy people. They're the ones I notice in a group; the ones I want to get to know. I'm interested in what such sensitive people think, and in what they have to say. I consider them to be more intriguing than the overconfident, and the aggressive.

Not everyone regards shy people as in some way inferior; some of us feel drawn to, interested in, and compassionate towards you. Don't feel obliged to be someone you're not; just find those of us who can appreciate your qualities, and open up in what ways, and at such a pace, that you're comfortable with.

It starts by making connections. Express yourself, but do it in ways that fit your persona and personal style. Heck, just chatting on here is a good start!

Archived