More depressingg dating advice

BusyNAbroad

While browsing some websites with dating advice for women, I understand more and more why society MAKES women unreachable by this kind of depressing advice. And how come some guys stay single for the rest of their lives...

The following was taken from an article with a collection of "Dating advice by dads".

If women follow this kind of advice, guys are doomed.

Date up

“My dad taught me that I should date a man with an education and one who has more experience than I have—someone who has seen the world and has already dated plenty of women. The reason? That way, when he finds you, he’ll know he’s got a good catch!”

My commment: So that means guys who are single are loosers and should never be dated or what???

I really despise this kind of logic that prices up the value of experience!

It implies that men are supposed to date many women in order to be more experienced so they can find the one whom we really like.

What a waste of time!

Wait for Mr. Amazing

“Never ever settle—ever. My dad insisted that it’s better to wait around for something great than to waste your time with cheap crap!”

My comment: Thanks a lot, this way women will wait forever and when they get horny will go for the first confident-looking guy.

Beware the b-word

“My father was very adamant about me never being with a guy who didn’t respect women. (I wasn’t even allowed to watch Married With Children growing up, because of the way men on the show treat women.) He also can’t stand the word b*tch, since it’s degrading. This has opened up my eyes to the kind of guys who use the term: Even when guys use it jokingly, it shows a lack of respect, and I now avoid these men.”

My comment: Thanks again! Just because there are b*tches (there are) doesn't mean that we mean that all women are. There are female b*tches just as there are male pr*cks. Recognizing their existence doesn't make a guy less valuable.

Follow the golden rule

“My dad told me to never be too available; instead, make him work to get someone as great as me.”

And if a guy is too shy or insecure? He'll think that she's unreachable and she'll think that he doesn't like her anymore. Great! Wonderful!

If all women behaved according to these dating advice, I'd rather become a priest!

“My father was very adamant about me never being with a guy who didn’t respect women. (I wasn’t even allowed to watch Married With Children growing up, because of the way men on the show treat women.) He also can’t stand the word b*tch, since it’s degrading. This has opened up my eyes to the kind of guys who use the term: Even when guys use it jokingly, it shows a lack of respect, and I now avoid these men.”

Some men don't use the b word but disrespect women. Some women disrespect men. Married with Children was not meant to be taken seriously...it was satire.

My comment: Thanks again! Just because there are b*tches (there are) doesn't mean that we mean that all women are. There are female b*tches just as there are male pr*cks. Recognizing their existence doesn't make a guy less valuable.

Follow the golden rule

“My dad told me to never be too available; instead, make him work to get someone as great as me.”

There needs to be a balance...both sides need to work at it.

And if a guy is too shy or insecure? He'll think that she's unreachable and she'll think that he doesn't like her anymore. Great! Wonderful!

If all women behaved according to these dating advice, I'd rather become a priest!

See comments in red.

Dude... these come from their fathers. What kind of advise would you expect?

Relax man... take a chill pill. Don't focus on the negative and what you don't have. Focus on what you can offer. And realize that people generally want their equals. I'm educated, financially responsible and so on. I wouldn't think of dating an idiot who couldn't hold a job no matter how hot she was. If you don't realize this now you'll end up being an overweight 40 year old cashier at the grocery store wanting a hot 25 year old doctor babe. Ummm, I think not.

-Kevin

At the end of the day women, and men follow their own rules whilst dating. You can't help who you are attracted to. Sure there are some women who purely go out of their way to date footballers, or rich men, but who would want those women anyway?

Stick to what you know, be confident in yourself, happy with yourself, and have lots of personality, and you will end up a winner.

I know one woman whose father told her that her boyfriends need to make $100,000 a year. There just aren't that many guys around that make that much for every woman to follow that advice.

Women and men get all sorts of silly advice. In the end they have to do what they want because they know best what will make them happy.

Dude... these come from their fathers. What kind of advise would you expect?

Relax man... take a chill pill. Don't focus on the negative and what you don't have. Focus on what you can offer. And realize that people generally want their equals. I'm educated, financially responsible and so on. I wouldn't think of dating an idiot who couldn't hold a job no matter how hot she was. If you don't realize this now you'll end up being an overweight 40 year old cashier at the grocery store wanting a hot 25 year old doctor babe. Ummm, I think not.

-Kevin

You didn't understand what I'm complaining about. It isn't what they do or who advises them... but that this advise usually and more than often shapes society and thus is responsible for making the world the mess it is!

I didn't understand what your example had to do with dating advice, but let me add that looking for "equals" is also a socialized idea. I don't care whether my girlfriend is richer or poorer than me.

Nor would she probably, if she wasn't brainwashed with all these ideas.

TikTok Advice For Relationships Suc...
TikTok Advice For Relationships Sucks

Archived