You Are Loved And Thought Of. (Healing Idea Here!)

vertigoxo
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

I cleaned out my room late last night, getting rid of some old school work from many years ago and keeping the yearbooks and all the letters my peers and family members have sent me. Just reading all of their letters about how much they love and care for me really made me smile. I've decided to take out all the Birthday, Holiday, Graduation, etc. cards all of my families and friends have sent me and put them up in my room for display.

Now that I'm looking at the cards staring back at me, I realized that I am loved and thought of. I am worthy of people's care and love, you know?

I think it's a great idea for the healing proccess, don't you? I think you should all do the same and put up all of the letters, cards, gifts, etc. from all of your friends, peers, and family members and put them up in your room so everytime you think of how heartbroken you are, or how terrible your ex treated you, you can look back on them and say, "Atleast I have them!"

What do you all think?

very good idea. There are a lot of other people that care about you and you should love yourself. I have been doing NC for 8 days now and in a way, I feel that I healed a lot. Almost completely. I have forgotten about the bad past and I am wondering if he does too. Now, I am sitting here in my parents' room and the weather is so nice. In a way, I kind of want to talk to him in a more maturely way. He would likes that but it's still too early in the NC days. My friends are going to the beach with her bfs and me....all alone. But I feel peaceful.

It is kind of suck not to have a bf for the summer when he only lives 5 mns away and is free at this moment. I should stop thinking about this thought but it's hard to turn it off. I don't miss him but I just want to have a bf to hang out with.

Brokenheart00- I know how you feel. You feel like you want to forgive your ex and have this be on a much better note, but how do you know your ex feels the same way? For all we know, our exes might be planning to kill us! Just exaggerating there, but you know what I mean...

It does suck to be single for the summer... NOT! That means more time for ourselves. More time to have fun with our families and friends that actually still loves us to death! More time to be at peace with oneself and not worry about our partners cheating on us or whatever!

Yeah true to that. I eat more now because I feel less stress. In a way, the reason my past relationship failed miserably because of my immaturity and inexperienced life. Sometimes, I regret a lot of things but it's from the past and I should look forward to the future. I want to make it up for my ex by giving him his space that he needs and respect him wholeheartedly. My ex never cheated and he is truly a good guy. He was just insecure of himself and I wasn't helping him because I was insecure myself.

This process really helps me to realize a lot of things and become a better person. I am able to think positively and I don't blame my ex for breaking up with me.

I was mad at first and blamed him but later on...I think and...think and.....see the light.

Unless of course you have none of the above because you moved every single year you were in school to a different state or country... looking at yearbooks makes me want to hide in a corner and brings back terrible memories. I keep thinking about having a bonfire and burning them all, except they are the only way to remember where I lived when. I have no pictures or anything otherwise.

I envy you for having something like that to turn to. Coworkers praise about my work is the most I can think about, nothing in writing really. Maybe getting my As in college and the professors who thought well of me. My ex was the first person to ever say "I love you" in my life unless you count my mom when I was a little kid.

Thanks for trying vertigoxo - unfortunately this is one thread I'll have to skip because it hurts too much.

Archived