I like this girl.... but a difficult situation has come up

police750

I like this girl. We met in class about 5 or so weeks ago. We've had long lunches together twice, and have little chats in class as well. The last time we met up for lunch was about 2.5 weeks ago, so it was a while ago. We have exchanged a couple of epic-long emails since then, but nothing much more then that unfortunately... She'll be going away in less then a week for a month-long holiday. So I won't be able to see her for a month.

She's been very stressed lately with exams, and she said she was really sorry but would rather not meet up until they're done. The thing is, there's only one day between exams finishing and her leaving on holidays.

Okay so here's the question. Given the fact that I really have no idea whether she likes me or not, (mixed signals), should I tell her that I like her before she leaves (which is in less than a week)? Even if I don't get to see her before she goes? Or should I just wait until she comes back? And if you think I should tell her, how should I tell her- especially if I don't get to meet up with her? THANKS!

I don't think you need to tell her you like her-- it's better to show her. My suggestion-- tell her that you respect her time and that she might not be able to see her, but can you grab dinner after her last exam to celebrate and to send her off on holiday.

You don't have to do anything major. Don't drop the "I like you" bomb on her right before she leaves, but you sure can hint to it. Give her an extra big hug and let it linger for a minute. Tell her you'll miss her. All that good stuff. Then when she leaves, you can text her "I miss ya" and "I can't wait for you to get back. We need to do lunch again!" and stuff like that periodically. But only if she's responding well to the hints that you're giving and reciprocating.

Archived