Discharge?? Plug?

babylyssa

Im 38 weeks pregnant 1 almost 2 cent. dialated and 50% effaced and i went to the bathroom about and hr ago and i had some clear and a little yellow tint of gooey stuff when i wiped.. I searched online could this be my mucus plug???

If so what to expect/what to do?

It can take up to ten days after losing a mucus plug to deliver!!!

It does sound like your mucus plug.

But take a deep breath and exhale. Right now it is very important to just let things progress naturally. Sex and orgasm is a really fantastic way to speed things along for two reasons. Progesterone in sperm softens the cervix, and oxytocin (released during sex, breastfeeding, and labor) causes contractions. I just attended a labor the other day actually and encouraged the woman to stimulate her nipples and her contractions came back to back and she had her baby soon after. Of course nipple stimulation only works when the balance is already leaning toward delivery ( you can't start a labor earlier- it is used when labor is already starting), but orgasm and sperm are fantastic ways to help.

By now your probably dilated even more. in the next few hours you will likely be holding a new baby. I agree pack your things...get to delivery...good luck ..

take WAY longer than a few hours!!!

to the OP is this your first baby?

o.k. so if it isn't liquid, it's not your bag of waters, it's your mucus plug.

the important thing to know when it is your first baby everything takes longer than the second. doesn't mean that it WILL, cause everyone is different. but usually for a first time mommy the effacement part happens first and then the dilation. it's awesome that you are 50% effaced though, that is a really, really good sign!!! but, take it easy, you are still in early, early labor, and things will progress the fastest if you forget about the time. remember the saying "a watched pot never boils"?? it's very very applicable here!

your mucus plug coming means your cervix "let go" of the plug and is softening and dilating, but it doesn't mean that it is time to go to the hospital. usually hospital time is when you have contractions every 5 minutes OR your water breaks.

movement, walking, resting, eating some, drinking a little water, all good for you!

Sounds like part of your plug. That can come out at any time after you start to dilate, but unless it is really bloody it does not indicate labor soon, it can come out several weeks before delivery. You may find you lose more of it as the days pass and you dilate a bit more. It regenerates itself some so some women lose a bit every day for awhile.

Progesterone in sperm softens the cervix, and oxytocin (released during sex, breastfeeding, and labor) causes contractions. I just attended a labor the other day actually and encouraged the woman to stimulate her nipples and her contractions came back to back and she had her baby soon after. Of course nipple stimulation only works when the balance is already leaning toward delivery ( you can't start a labor earlier- it is used when labor is already starting), but orgasm and sperm are fantastic ways to help.

Semen actually contains prostaglandins, not progesterone, and the prostaglandins can soften and dilate the cervix if the uterus is ready. But it's true, sex and orgasm won't do a thing unless your body is already ready to begin the labor process.

As far as nipple stimulation goes, it needs to be done for about 1 hour 3 times a day in order to produce any results in a laboring woman. I would talk to your OB before starting that. Another technique that may promote dilation is rocking on a birth ball at home, which opens your pelvic outlet and can speed things up.

Semen actually contains prostaglandins, not progesterone, and the prostaglandins can soften and dilate the cervix if the uterus is ready. But it's true, sex and orgasm won't do a thing unless your body is already ready to begin the labor process.

oh, hahaha, i totally used the wrong word.

As far as nipple stimulation goes, it needs to be done for about 1 hour 3 times a day in order to produce any results in a laboring woman. I would talk to your OB before starting that. Another technique that may promote dilation is rocking on a birth ball at home, which opens your pelvic outlet and can speed things up.

it depends... depends on where you are in the process of labor.

I never lost my mucus plug (or never noticed it anyways) before delivery. On the day I delivered I think I lost it, but I was also losing blood like a period.

I think if you don't have the whole bloody show then it could take a little while. It's getting there soon. I can't wait to be at your stage!! (My first one was 2 weeks late, so I'm sending you the *no late baby vibes*. It can be pretty cruel)

everyother girl can end up early except me seriously this is stupid

I wasn't early. I had a scheduled c-section 2 days before my due date. At the time, I was still carrying very high, hadn't dropped, had absolutely no sign that my son was at all ready to be born. Had he stayed put as long as he wanted to- he would have definitely been a late baby.

Archived