Women have WAY too much power/control in a relationship...

enola

#RELATIONSHIPGOALS. WHY YOUR MAN PU...
#RELATIONSHIPGOALS. WHY YOUR MAN PULLS AWAY

Hardly.

It can go either way.

It takes two to tango.

Sometimes when emotional abuse is involved the other person holds complete power over the other person and belittles them. This could be the guy or girl doing.

Gender has nothing to do with it. Sorry.

Hilarious because a lot of men I know think this is true but they don't understand relationships at all.

This is NOT true of all relationships, but I believe it's true for most relationships around the world:

- Men have more choice in where the family lives.

- Men have more choice in how many children to have.

- There are more abusive men than there are women, abuse is one sign of control.

- If women had more power, maybe the couple would be TALKING more.

Totally disagree. This is a stereotype that has developed over recent years, as the cowed man has become the representation of what it is to be in a committed relationship. Logically, it doesn't add up: men are expected to make the first move, men are expected to come up with date ideas, men are expected to be in control in the bedroom.

I think that men have been granted an almost ridiculous amount of power, when it comes to relationships. Evolutionary biology, I suppose, has something to do with this. In the liberated era, there's no reason for it... Yet it is the way it is.

I admit that women are more likely to end what is ostensibly a happy relationship. This is not always how it works out, but from what I've seen and read, it is often the case. That said, a man can recover from such endings with their heads held high and their emotional cards still in hand. The problem is that most men don't know how to do it (I blame the media). The lapdog mentality so often portrayed in romantic comedies and the like sabotage effective relationship management. People (men and women) must learn the hard way. There are worse things in life.

This is NOT true of all relationships, but I believe it's true for most relationships around the world:

- Men have more choice in where the family lives.

- Men have more choice in how many children to have.

- There are more abusive men than there are women, abuse is one sign of control.

- If women had more power, maybe the couple would be TALKING more.

Around the world there are a lot of countries where women are still repressed and I don't believe many women in even western countries can say that much has changed for womens equality over the last fifty years (all you need to do is look at the majority of advertisements and see) but I believe my society that I live in has almost equal rights, it just narrows down to who actually stands up for themself in the relationship. I don't believe that men have the choice, especially not when it comes to children.

Ha ha ha. . . .

Therea just a taaaaad bit more to it than a black and white answer.

It depends on the personalities in subject and what they have been through in the past.

And usually a bit more than what I have pointed out.

Little angles and tangents.

Love is an illogical thing.

Although I myself wish it was black and white lol.

Only a man who wants complete control over his partner would make such a statement.

I've dated men who have tried to control me, and get frustrated when they find out I'm not the needy, co-dependent they wish they had.

Anyone who thinks this way is a control freak, and are simply trying to 'own' the other person. The only one you have control over is yourself.

I've dated men who have tried to control me, and get frustrated when they find out I'm not the needy, co-dependent they wish they had.

Same here. And when they can't control me, they are off like hare rabbits.....to some doormat kind of woman.

When the day comes I feel like I have any "power", I'll let you know... usually I end up dating guys who know I love them and constantly threaten to leave me to keep me down and giving in, until I finally cna't take the pain anymore and walk out on them. Is that power? Hardly...

I personally like independance in a woman.

It shows ambition.

Its a quality I see which makes me proud of whoever I am with.

There's nothing worse than a woman who can't say "lets go to . . . ."

Asking them what do tyou feel like dooing today and they say. . . "I dunno what do YOU feel like doing?"

I do what I want but if they want to do what they want they should never feel conderned about it just incase the other half disagrees with it.

I mean if they don't want to do it, they don't want to, it doesn't mean that they don't love them!

I agree with Ivory Tower, my cousin had to walk 5,6 steps behind her horrible controlling husband, she could never walk beside him.

Men and Women are both capable. So to say that Women have WAY too much power/control in a relationship...is wrong.

I agree with Ivory Tower, my cousin had to walk 5,6 steps behind her horrible controlling husband, she could never walk beside him.

Men and Women are both capable. So to say that Women have WAY too much power/control in a relationship...is wrong.

Hell yeah.

It should always be a balance of compromise and understanding.

The person who has more emotions invested is automatically lower in power. They've got a higher need to "keep the other one around" and therefore the person with less invested in the relationship gets the upper hand.

But after a while, what usually happens is, the one invested more starts to feel taken for granted, may dump the one who isnt so invested....and the one who wasnt much invested, wonders why they have been dumped - then the control switches, to the person who had been more invested, as the dumped runs back to plead forgiveness and a second chance.....

Archived