Experiences With Crazy Hair Colors

I have this urge to dye my hair blue. Isn't that crazy? I would probably have to talk to my parents about it and blah blah blah. But I've always wanted to have a wild look, and well... Maybe I can this time!

Has anyone ever dyed their hair an unnatural color (blue, pink, orange, green, etc) and what were your experiences? What did people thought of it? Did you enjoyed it a lot?

I've never dyed my hair before (except for one time when i had used a temporary dye that washes out), but i hope you have fun with it. When i was your age i didn't experiment with hair/makeup because of how self-conscious i felt about everything. I'm sure that some people here will have some advice for you though. Have fun with it : ).

I dyed my hair purple before! Just bright purple streaks. And platinum blonde streaks. It was fun. I liked it. You're 18, so do it before youre 30 because by then, you won't be able to get away with it.

It was fun. People's reactions were mixed. Some were like, ew, what the hell. Others thought it was awesome. I thought it was!

It's fun! I'm naturally very dark, but for a while had my hair so heavily streaked with blonde that there wasn't much dark left. In the end the condition got so bad I had to have it layered to cut all the blonde out - but before that I went:

baby pink

bright shocking pink

scarlet

peach

purple

And don't take any notice of the people who say you need to do it by the time you're 30. There's a woman where I work who's about 50, and her hair is striped pillarbox red and black. Looks fantastic! I think it's more about having the personality to carry it off, and working in an environment where nobody will mind!

It's not crazy at all xD I used to want blue hair so badly, but I can't really get it unless I bleach my hair-as far as I know-so I'm not gonna go for it. I might do in the future though...at the moment I've taken to dying my hair purple, and even though I've not bleached my hair or anything it still looks gorgeous in the right light. Fades fast, but that's to be expected since most of the unnatural colours are only available in semi permanent. Most of my friends loved it and they're encouraging me to dye my full head next time since I only did undercolour the last few times-it's a subtle colour apart from in the sun, but I don't have the personality to pull of anything uber bright anyway so it works well for me.

If you want to do it then go for it =) I enjoy it, and hopefully you will too. Good luck talking your parents around.

Archived