why is it more difficult for people in 20's and teens

jnr30024

I am 27 years old going on 28 in december. I have had some good girlfriends and dates before but stil hasnt been that easy. Just wondering why its more difficult for people in 20s and younger. I notice when you get to about 30 and older its much easier. just wondering why this is.

I am 27 years old going on 28 in december. I have had some good girlfriends and dates before but stil hasnt been that easy. Just wondering why its more difficult for people in 20s and younger. I notice when you get to about 30 and older its much easier. just wondering why this is.

A lot of people think the opposite of what you just posted...

Really? perhaps I should be dating in your area because it actually harder to date for me these days. I'm putting it down to both a smaller dating pool, and people getting more set in their ways as you get older and thus less maliable to others in relationships.

*sigh*

yea. i notice that about women also.

well im set in my ways but you know what I am flexible too. I have married friends I chat with, have had just friends, and good girlfriends like i said. Im just changing for the better now (more flexible, more open minded, learn from my mistakes)

Dating gets way easier in your 30s, at least it did for me. I knew who I was and what I wanted. I got out of relationships with men who did not have what I wanted fairly early, I did not "beat a dead horse". It was in my thirties that I started to become the dumper, and not the dumpee, as I had been most often in my 20s. In my 40s,it got even better, I met the man I have been with for many years now. He was everything I needed and then some. I just stopped looking to fall in love and started looking for a relationship that worked. When I took the "love" out of the search, I finally found it!!

It's not really "easier". I myself developed more confidence because I didn't have to rely only on my looks like I did in my 20s (which is very hard on self esteem)..... back then guys didn't give a fig about my career, education, goals in life or any of that stuff. They wanted to go out, drink and have sex and pretty much that's all I ever saw from the 20 somethings (and I wasn't interested in that mentality).

So while most guys now have a more mature mindset (looks plus who the person actually is), there are far far fewer of them for me to date because most of them married the girls who drank and had sex and partied.

Maybe the men have it easier as they age since they don't have to grow up (can keep that party mindset and continue dating young girls forever) or they can pick and choose from the single women who were focused on other things in life than marriage in their 20s.

Lately I seem to be hearing more and more older people (30's - 40's) who are single and finding it really tough going in finding dates. I always imagined it would be much easier for teens and 20's to have a much easier time finding a partner. Looks like these days, it tough all round, where age really makes no difference anymore. Pretty sad somehow.

Finding single 30-somethings takes a lot more work, effort and creativity than trying to find single 20-somethings.

I'm just pulling statistics out of thin air here, of course... but I'd guess that for every 10 people who were single at age 25, only about 2 of them are still single at age 35. Although that number may actually increase slightly by age 40 or 45 to account for divorcees.

Location also plays a role. In large, cosmopolitan cities and urbanized areas the odds of meeting singles of all ages are better. In the quieter suburbs and traditional small towns, it's far more difficult.

I think it's easier to date when you are in your teens or early 20s because you are still at school or in a much more social setting. It becomes harder when you are working. Though, with that being said you can meet people pretty much anywhere. It does depend on where you live though, a city is an easier place to meet people compared to a small town in the middle of nowhere.

I tend to be attracted to guys that are a little bit older than me. The last two guys I dated were 27. I also tend to hang out with an older crowd, so the people I meet through them are older than me, which I like.

Dating gets way easier in your 30s, at least it did for me. I knew who I was and what I wanted. I got out of relationships with men who did not have what I wanted fairly early, I did not "beat a dead horse". It was in my thirties that I started to become the dumper, and not the dumpee, as I had been most often in my 20s. In my 40s,it got even better, I met the man I have been with for many years now. He was everything I needed and then some. I just stopped looking to fall in love and started looking for a relationship that worked. When I took the "love" out of the search, I finally found it!!

thank you for those words. I believe that is where I have gone wrong.

yea i suppose what everyone is saying is right. I live in metro atlanta (5 million plus people) so its not too bad here actually. I just need to stop meeting a lot of married women! lol. thats my problem I do like the older women (because I dont party, drink, whatever)

Archived