Ex-gf...I don't understand her - need women advice!

I'm posting this really more because I'd just like an explanation as to why my ex-gf is acting like she is because it is getting to the stage where I do not understand women AT ALL!!

In a nutshell, together 2.5 years, we broke up over a year ago (she finished with me), she now has another boyfriend of a few months and I am still single (by my own choice, just wanted some time to myself). I don't really talk to her anymore, but the last time I did speak to her, a few months ago, she told me she'd like me to let her know when my sister had a baby as she was pregnant. I text her two days ago to let her know my sis had the baby and she replied and said congratulations to you all etc. and asked if it was a boy or a girl. It sparked a few texts, just how are you, what have you been doing, the usual innocent catch-up after a few months of not talking. I asked her how her trip to Australia was and she didn't reply... so the next day I text her, "Are you ignoring me now?!" and she ignored that and then today I text her, "Why were you talking to me fine and now you're ingoring me? There's nothing weird about catching up after 8 months of not talking, its only being friendly, at least tell me why you're not even replying now, I haven't said anything wrong, you're being a bit weird." And she ignored that too. Bit annoyed at myself for getting angry and texting her about it, should just have acted like I didn't care, but there you go, it just annoys me.

I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WOMEN!!

Ladies - why has she suddenly started ignoring me, having gone from a totally normal few texts to not replying, when nothing remotely weird was said at all apart from, "how was your trip to australia"?!

Did you think that her new bf may not be comfortable with her texting an ex, and that she's ignoring you because his feelings matter more to her than yours do (as it should be)?

Either that or the question triggered something. Maybe the trip wasn't all that great or it didn't happen? etc...

Who knows...there could be many reasons. Just forget about it.

So why send 4/5 texts in the first place? It was only polite conversation, no mention of our relationship or anything like that...and she was at work, so he wouldn't even have known...

She starts texting, you respond, she mentions to her bf that you two are back in contact, he asks her to stop, she stops. Mystery solved

Tbh, I think you set yourself up with the txt. You wanted it to lead to more conversation but you've been broken up for a while, and while she asked to be kept in the loop re: your sister, after a bit of distance it just become another "thing."

You txt her, she txt back to be polite. The she probably had some life stuff going on and just got too busy to txt back and then she forgot. And then you started txting about her ignoring you and she probably decided that she didn't want to get involved.

She hasn't started ignoring you, she's just gone back to not being in contact with you.

Archived