I am TOO sensitive!

WillamB83

Hey guys. My recent girlfriend told me that I am too sensitive numerous times, and I feel the same way about myself. For example when she says something, I will always twist it in my mind and think that she's making fun of me and I get kind of depressed and bitter towards her. VERY BAD!! I need some advice how to be less sensitive? Should I go run over a few cats now with my car?

I need some advice how to be less sensitive? Should I go run over a few cats now with my car?

There are plenty of ways to handle your problem without putting yourself on a path to becoming a serial killer. Besides, your problem isn't that you're emo; it's that you have thin skin. Like shuttlefish said, you're too prideful and take yourself too seriously.

In the future, when your gf makes fun of you, join in with self-deprecation. Trust me, it feels good. lol.

Besides, if you can't laugh at yourself, where's the fun in life?

You gotta amuse yourself, let loose, laugh at your mistakes. I still wanna hear an example though - because she might be one of those people that IS crossing the line, but making you feel like you're the one being crazy.

Besides, if you can't laugh at yourself, where's the fun in life?

You gotta amuse yourself, let loose, laugh at your mistakes. I still wanna hear an example though - because she might be one of those people that IS crossing the line, but making you feel like you're the one being crazy.

For me, I started reacting too sensitively to things when the girl acted that way towards me. In my mind, that felt "fair", and soon enough, I actually experienced those emotions. So it went from just doing it for things to be even, to actually getting offended by stupid things lol. Not really that way anymore, it was stupid. But in retrospect, I don't think a girl should be allowed to be sensitive towards everything you say and twist it in ways that would make her offended every time (if you're saying normal things that aren't offensive to a reasonable person), and get away with it just because she's a girl. Know what I mean? If you feel like she's being unreasonable, just stop talking to her.

It depends on how it's worded too.

"I'm not a fan of your music" isn't really something to get hurt over.

"I think your music sucks" isn't a very tactful statement and I can see where some people might that that personally.

It depends on how it's worded too.

"I'm not a fan of your music" isn't really something to get hurt over.

"I think your music sucks" isn't a very tactful statement and I can see where some people might that that personally.

"your music is alright"

followed by their reply of "i know what that means, you think it sucks, don't you? if you liked it you would've said you did"

Just what I've dealt with from girls ;p

"your music is alright"

followed by their reply of "i know what that means, you think it sucks, don't you? if you liked it you would've said you did"

Just what I've dealt with from girls ;p

I think someone who tells you "your music is alright," either isn't that into you, or THEY are the insensitive one. She knows full well that is something a person would normally be sensitive to...

It would be like having sex with someone and them saying it was okay. Or spending a few hours cooking a nice meal, or planning a nice day, and them saying the same. I'd say "screw you, goodbye!" If you have care and respect for someone and you really don't like their music, you can always think of SOMETHING pleasant to say. Then in the near future, you can find ways to kindly try to adjust the rub - "that dinner you cooked was great, but you know, trout isn't one of my favorites, can we try ahi next time?" Pretty simple stuff, if your goal is to BUILD a relationship. You don't deserve to be treated like that.

Are you a musician, or is this relating to your music choices?

From my experience. It is with both sexes that I am too sensitive to others remarks. For example if a friend tells me im retarded as a joke too many times I will start getting aggrivated and I will feel let down. Recently in a conversation about a song my girlfriend was telling me that I would be that guy that would be out there singing it. I took it as her calling me gay and we had a little argument over it. I feel bad being so sensitive to statements and I am thinking of buying a book or something to help me get over this.

Lol, why do girls react like that? XD

If I'm in a depressing mood and can't muster up enthusiasm towards music I feel indifferent about, why is that twisted around and said that I hate it, without any concern for how I feel and how my depressing mood is getting to me being expressed?

Indifference does not equal hate. It's like saying zero is a negative number.

Archived