Depression and Fatigue

I have been having issues and troubles for sometime now and it seems since ive gotten alcohol out of my life, depression and sadnesss have kicked in, i go to therapy and hope to resolve my life without meds or pills but am struggling.

So basically I am noticing a ton of fatigue throughout the day. I get easily tired and exhausted, but never really fall asleep. After work i just sit down or lay down and i dont want to sleep my fatigue lifts a bit. But being up during the day i get tired and exhausted quick. I have had a fulll physical,, nothing was wrong, i dont what is going on.

Does depression cause fatigue, any experience with it.

Depression most definitely can result in chronic fatigue. Proper diet and exercise can help alleviate the fatigue.

I used to be in the camp of "no pills" and the perceived stigma. Dumb. I finally relented and asked my doctor to prescribe something and it was one of the best things I ever did. It helped smooth the edges and allowed me to settle down and handle the issues that I was going through at the time. You don't have to take them for a long time if you feel you don't need to, but they do help.

Depression most definitely can result in chronic fatigue. Proper diet and exercise can help alleviate the fatigue.

I used to be in the camp of "no pills" and the perceived stigma. Dumb. I finally relented and asked my doctor to prescribe something and it was one of the best things I ever did. It helped smooth the edges and allowed me to settle down and handle the issues that I was going through at the time. You don't have to take them for a long time if you feel you don't need to, but they do help.

Pills can be life savers...remember that depression is an illness that can be treated. Pills just help to rebalance the chemicles in your brain that make you feel good.

Though I don't recommend it as a first option. I think other things should be tried first before anti depressants come into the picture. You can't be on a pill for the rest of your life, you need to help yourself, too.

Symptoms of Depression When To Get ...
Symptoms of Depression When To Get Help

Archived