Our first fight and the aftermath

xMorningStarx

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a while and are completely in love with eachother. However, as I've stated before, we both had concerns and worries about losing one another etc.

Anyway, after a little while these worries started to disappear. However whilst coming back from a trip, my girlfriend was texting me about her time away. We were excited to see eachother, even though she was only gone for a day. She started talking about how she was little concerned about something personal, and I stupidly took that as a knock against me.

Suffice to say, this angered her. What was said wasn't important, it was what came after. We saw eachother and had our first major fight that lasted a little while, we made up a bit, then argued again. Anyway, we made up, this time for good and we both kind of realised that the things we said needed to be out in the open.

We feel stronger because of this, and I'm guessing this is natural. We know how we both feel about each other and we have pretty much sorted out our own individual worries. We realised how important we are to each other now. Well, I know I have.

She went to work (she works nights) and then in the morning she came back round before I started work for a quick cuddle. It was a really nice morning, even though she hadn't slept for 18 hours.

Does all of this sound normal to you guys? We had a fight, made up, now things feel much more secure. Or am I worrying like an idiot again?

Sure its normal.

Not all fighting needs to be rude, angry, offensive, hurt each other, make you run away, stop talking for days, etc.

Some couples can work through things maturely.

Its the way my partner and I are. For some couples, they may sit and yell and drag it on for days, they get hurt..but we can do it through a basic conversation, talk, cry, dig things up, discuss it..and then feel 100 times better, and get that much more closer to each other.

Thats why I always say that sometimes, claiming I LOVE YOU to another person may sometimes only be realized till after your first fight/argument, you see a side of them you normally don't, and can see what you two are made of.

Fights/conflicts/disagreements don't need to push a couple apart, they can bring you closer together. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Of course this is normal. My boyfriend and I had a silly argument last night over some salad. We ended up in separate rooms and we made up through texting, lol!

Then we joined each other (in the same room, lol), sulked for about an hour, then we were laughing.

I tend to feel we are stronger after arguments aswell. Its good. All couples argue. Arguing, in most cases, is actually healthy as thats how problems get resolved, issues get sorted.

I would even go so far as to say that couples who dont argue even a little bit are just boring, lol

Happy 1st Month to my GladysJane :)
Happy 1st Month to my GladysJane :)

Archived