Is a guy who says he is "on a break" single or not ?@ Some say yes - some say no he's not single?

Serendipitous
If He Likes You He'll Do This -...
If He Likes You He'll Do This - Harsh Truth

If a guy says he is currently still on a break with the girl he was dating exclusively is he single ??

or is he close to breaking up ?

i really like this hot successful guy but when i pressed him to find out if he is dating others he said that he is on a break and that he had been seeing a girl for 5 months exclusively

but that she asked for a break 7 weeks ago and that since then she says she wants him back and the break to end.

I asked him why he doesnt either break up or go back to her.

he claims that he is still on a break to make up his what he wants.

my friends are telling me this is crap and NOT to date him.

they say sinc ehe didnt ask for the break and is still considering himself on a break that he is merely playing games and making his girl wait and then WILL go back to her before long and that it must be an important relationship.

also i hate that his semi ex gf seems kinda hot.

she's chubby size 8 but her face and legs and boobs are pretty nice.

thoughts ?????

im 26, he is 40 and the "ex"gf is 32

I just don't understand why he doesnt seem to make up what he wants already. sounds like theyve been apart a long time

and he even used me as a theoretical sounding board which i think bothers me the most.

he said since a break means something has fallen apart doesnt that mean that its to impossible to ever mend it perfectly ?

i said yes of course !

but he didnt seem happy with my answer.

He's 40? You sure about that? Because he's acting like a teenage boy.

Single or not, this is a red flag. He may be hot, but he's not the only hot guy out there. Some hot guys come with honesty and respect, believe it or not...put your time and effort into dating one of them instead of this guy.

He is afraid to limit his options because he isn't confident in his own decision making ability.

I dont know about that. He seems uber confident about everything.

It seems more like he still wants the gf chick back but is petrified cause she asked for the break and I guess isn't a wallflower or something.

Is "B" for break or "BS" ? I think it's "Both". Heck I wouldn't even date a 40 year old guy like that and he is in my age group...so you know what I have to say about that? "Bu bye". To me from what you have described about him...he is not mature, and insecure...hotness don't mean secure...there is a thing called, "pretending". And far as breaks are concerned...that is just "Baloney".

he claims that he is still on a break to make up his what he wants.

Take his word for it. At this point in time he doesn't seem too interested in you (if that's what you were hoping for). He's still making up his mind whether he wants to go back to the g/f or not and if that's the case, I wouldn't see him as good relationship material right now. I mean, who wants a guy who's still potentially interested in another girl? I know I wouldn't, lol. Unless you don't mind sharing him.

Take his word for it. At this point in time he doesn't seem too interested in you (if that's what you were hoping for). He's still making up his mind whether he wants to go back to the g/f or not and if that's the case, I wouldn't see him as good relationship material right now. I mean, who wants a guy who's still potentially interested in another girl? I know I wouldn't, lol. Unless you don't mind sharing him.

No I dont want to share him. Im a scorpio so that wouldn't work. ;-)

I guess I want advice on how to get him to decide to break up finally

its funny my girlfriends say its a great sign that he isnt back together with her by now when she wants him back, but my male friends say its bad that the guy is still pining and talking to her and worse yet even theoretically talking about whether a break up is fixable.

They say he is probably just gaming things and will go back to her just before she gives up on him.

Is "B" for break or "BS" ? I think it's "Both". Heck I wouldn't even date a 40 year old guy like that and he is in my age group...so you know what I have to say about that? "Bu bye". To me from what you have described about him...he is not mature, and insecure...hotness don't mean secure...there is a thing called, "pretending". And far as breaks are concerned...that is just "Baloney".

Yep, I agree. This whole "break" thing is just another way to say break up. It is a term used for the dumper to string along the dumpee and leave them in limbo pining for them and not moving on...in the meantime the person who calls the "break" is exploring other options while knowing they have left the situation ambiguous enough for the other person to be hopeful and not looking for someone else. Break means the dumper wants to keep the dumpee as a backup in case their new option doesn't work.

Been there, done that. 9 times out of 10, "on a break" means he's hoping to get back with his girlfriend but wants you to fulfill the role of surrogate girlfriend in the meantime. If he's really interested, he'll break-up for good before initiating anything with you.

Archived