*please check my previous post for more info...*

So the guy I've been "seeing" is now MIA. I decided to send an email asking if anything was wrong, etc and it's the 3rd day and nothing.

He could have at least replied that he wasn't interested. I would understand that.

I hate to admit this, but my feelings are hurt. I would think that I deserve an answer from him. I haven't done anything wrong. I'm not too sure what happened.

I guess I need to let this guy go but i'm pissed. I feel like sending him another email telling him off, but I know that won't make me feel better. Or will it?

Any suggestions how to move on? Since there isn't any closure i'm finding it hard to stop obsessing about it.

(please no "just let him go" answers. if i could do that i would have done it by now).

The closure you seek HAS to come from you in this case. It's clear that he isn't going to give it to you. You've tried to contact him maturely, and that didn't work, so sending another e-mail equivalent to a temper tantrum isn't going to work either... and will reflect poorly on you.

Same advice as above really.

You don't always get closure from some people, they just go cold and disappear. It's not very nice being on the receiving end but I was there 9 months ago and learnt that lesson.

You must overcome trying to analyse the 'whys', 'what did I do' etc etc. Otherwise you'll just end up chasing your tail so to speak.

I'm sorry you're a bit hurt (and emotionally dented). I know how it feels, but just accept that is some peoples way of dealing with breaking up. Yeah, it stinks but there is no point telling them because it will fall on deaf ears and make you look weak in their eyes. I can promise you now, just go straight NC now and start the healing process. You'll feel a lot better a lot sooner.

I suppose I'm just surprised considering how long we've known each other and how well it was going. Seems like this all happened in the last week and I didn't see it coming.

Who does something like this over the age of 18? You'd think he'd have SOME maturity by now.

I think I'll take your advice and just move on. It's just a tough pill to swallow when you really like someone.

Aw I'm sorry to hear this. No - don't email him. Just leave it. His loss.

I know it's hard to get accept But it's happened to all of us. Some just deal with it better than others.

The only advice I have to give to you is to get out there, meet someone else that takes your thoughts away from this guy. Try and stay away from your email/phone for a while so you aren't constantly checking. And SMILE!! Who cares about this douche anyway?! xx

Scathing messages feel great while you're writing them, and they offer about 10 seconds of satisfaction after pressing the send button. Then reality sets in, and you need to live with yourself and the fact that you can't retrieve the thing, and you've just told someone who least deserves your investment that his lack of interest has reduced you to your most vulnerable lack of self-control.

If you think being stood up is humiliating, consider yourself in excellent company--but it's nothing compared to what one can do to oneself with a key pad. Don't go there!

Head high, and in your corner.

Ok, no emailing for me!

I'm just going to let it go and move on. If he contacts me, then i'll ask for more of an answer but i doubt he will.

In my defense, I wasn't going to write a mean email. More of a "i'm hurt and deserve more respect then being faded out". BUT I hear what you're all saying.

This year has been pretty rough so far. Hope it gets better.

Wise choice, and you will soooo thank yourself later for it. If you operate on the premise that we're all meant for someone, then you'll want wrong matches to pass early and get out of your way.

When someone doesn't own the capacity to see you through the right lens, that doesn't speak of some deficiency in you--it just means you've opened-then-shut one wrong door out of many. Odds are stacked that you'll need to suffer your fair share of frogs, but when you're only looking for one guy, the trick is to not try to make every guy out to be the right one. Let them show you what they're made of, and don't worry about walking on eggshells as you reveal who you really are. You won't be able to do anything to scare the RIGHT guy away.

In your corner.

Archived