alittletime

hi people, I'm new to this forum, and I feel really good to find more people with the same problems I have, it's not that I'm happy for most of people to be this way, but for not being alone in this

i would like to ask you advices on how to approach a girl, in past lately days in my school, there's a girl i really like too much and with I would want to have a nice relationship, I have realized that she sometimes stares looking at me, I sometimes do that too, and we stare looking at each other, the problem here is I've never had a gf, and it's hard for me to know if she is really interested in me, nor I even know any of her friends to ask them what does she think about of me, if she does. I've been all my life a shy person and I dont know how to approach her.

what do you think I should do?

thanks--

Do you remember the Nike motto "Just do it" ? It's pretty much the same in life. When you see someone you like, just go up and talk to her about anything. It doesn't matter if you start drooling or said something completely random. It's good practice and it makes you more confident each time you approach a different girl.

Do you remember the Nike motto "Just do it" ? It's pretty much the same in life. When you see someone you like, just go up and talk to her about anything. It doesn't matter if you start drooling or said something completely random. It's good practice and it makes you more confident each time you approach a different girl.

very true! practice is the only you can do. don't worry if you act stupid. just take it in as experience and know what not to do next time. life is too short to live in fear.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say, some of the advice on here is pretty facile. If you're naturally shy, the very worst thing you can do is put too much pressure on yourself to get with this girl. It often helps to practice a sort of reverse psychology, the picture-them-in-their-underwear gambit. Instead of thinking of her as this amazing girl you'd really like to be with, just think of her as another classmate. That will alleviate a lot of the inherent pressure you feel to do something and to be suave in doing so. You can just go up to her and ask her an innocuous question about class without feeling that your life hangs in the balance.

Whatever you do, don't allow yourself to build this one girl into a referendum on your self-worth. If you try something and it doesn't work out, you don't need to beat yourself up about it in the least. Even if she doesn't respond to you, you'll still be the same good guy you were before.

Whatever you do, be yourself and do NOT do things to try and please and/or impress her. I'm sure you've heard the phrase, "Nice guys finish last." That's partially true. If you compromise who you are or what you want in order to win a girl, you fall into that category...which is a huge pitfall for shy guys. Be assertive. Make decisions. If you ask her out, don't be wishy-washy about your plans. There is nothing worse than a guys who says things like, "I dunno, whatever you want to do is fine." Don't do things just because you think she wants you to. Most importantly, BE CONFIDENT! Even if you're not confident, fake it.

Archived