it wont stop bleeding

Disturbed
How to leave an abusive relationshi...
How to leave an abusive relationship and why it's so hard

Find a shirt, wrap it around your wrist TIGHT. Get some duck tape and wrap it around the shirt TIGHTLY. Elevate your arm above your heart. Apply pressure to the arm the is bleeding on the under side of your arm between your elbow and your shoulder.

Call an ambulance or if your parents are home or a neighbor lives near by go there now.

I have sliced my wrist open pretty badly when I was a little younger than her (total accident) and was on the verge of blacking out. I didn't go to the hospital because my mom didn't think I needed it and I was fine. If she was able to type, she will pull through I am pretty sure.

I have sliced my wrist open pretty badly when I was a little younger than her (total accident) and was on the verge of blacking out. I didn't go to the hospital because my mom didn't think I needed it and I was fine. If she was able to type, she will pull through I am pretty sure.

That is terrible advice. First, she could cut an artery and bleed out. Secondly, she could hit a tendon and lose control of her hand and have paralysis. And she would still be able to type while bleeding while this is happening.

We should take this seriously.

That is terrible advice. First, she could cut an artery and bleed out. Secondly, she could hit a tendon and lose control of her hand and have paralysis. And she would still be able to type while bleeding while this is happening.

I agree, she could of been typing with the other hand!! I just PMEd her to see how she is doing.

I'm not telling her to not go to the hospital.. quite the opposite if you saw my earlier post. I was only trying to comfort people and try to stay calm until the situation is known better..

Step 1

Put on your own protective gear such as goggles, latex gloves or a protective smock.

Step 2

Remove clothing or other obstructions from the wound site. You will have a much easier time trying to stop the bleeding if you can see the wound clearly. Use scissors to cut away pants or simply tear away the fabric until you have a clear view.

Step 3

Apply direct pressure to the wound using your hands and some surgical gauze. If the wound is gaping and open, then you will want to stuff the wound with gauze to help stop the bleeding. It is a good idea to flush the wound a bit using an irrigating syringe--or a completely clean water bottle if you don't have an irrigating syringe--if the injury occurred as a result of broken glass or similar materials.

Step 4

Hold the pressure unceasingly for at least five to eight minutes. While many wounds will likely stop bleeding within two minutes, applying continual pressure for five minutes or more helps to increase the chances that the wound will not reopen while the patient is in transport. It also helps to create a stronger bond.

I just recieved a PM back from here...this is what she said..

my wrist got cut because i was slicing it open with an x-acto knife because i was upset

and my dad is still at work and dint do anything about it so i am taking the advice and stuff on the forum thing and wrapped it in gauze and the bleeding has slowed down a bit.

Archived