Ran into ex, now depressed.

I previously posted on here when I was going through my breakup over a year ago. Anyways, I ran into my ex Saturday night who I haven't seen in a year. She was wasted and stopped to chat, I had thought I was over her and didn't think it would bother me. She is engaged now, but she kept saying about how she will probably end up divorced or the wedding wont even happen. She also kept saying how she wished I didn't insult her when we broke up (things didn't end amicably as she cheated on me) or else things would be so much different. She was saying how adorable I was and also how I was such a great guy. It was kind of sad she was saying a lot of things I knew weren't true, but she was also wasted.

At the time it didn't really bother me, but I had all day yesterday to reflect and I really feel depressed about the situation. We really did have a nice relationship, we were just too young at the time and things didn't work out.

Anyways, today I made the mistake of emailing her to see if she wanted to be friends (which was a mistake, wish I didn't hit send). I figured I am moving to a different city and she is getting married so it wouldn't be a big deal. She responded with basically I am glad you are doing well and wish you the best in the future. I feel this was a way of letting me down softly. Now I feel as if I have been rejected all over again. I know this was a huge mistake and I don't even know why I sent it. The more I think about it I did not even really want to be friends with her.

Please any tips or advice to get my mind right would be great, it is not in a good place right now.

Thanks.

I previously posted on here when I was going through my breakup over a year ago. Anyways, I ran into my ex Saturday night who I haven't seen in a year. She was wasted and stopped to chat, I had thought I was over her and didn't think it would bother me. She is engaged now, but she kept saying about how she will probably end up divorced or the wedding wont even happen.

Sounds like a real positive type of person - jumping into a marriage and dooming it before it even happens. Be glad that the "guy" isn't you. PLUS she cheated on you.

Hang in there, because to me, it sounds like you dodged a big ol' bullet.

haha thanks Seymore, and I really do know deep down that I dodged a bullet, which is why I don't understand why it is bothering me so much. Sometimes I think it is because it gets sad in a way to see someone you thought so highly of act this way.

haha thanks Seymore, and I really do know deep down that I dodged a bullet, which is why I don't understand why it is bothering me so much. Sometimes I think it is because it gets sad in a way to see someone you thought so highly of act this way.

Since she's your ex, did you know she was this way? I would think she'd have shown you that side when you were dating?

well we were both inexperienced when we first started dating, I would say we were each others first real loves. Things were great for a long time, then she got bombed one night and cheated and things when downhill from there. She didn't really seem to recover from that. Never learned from any of her mistakes. I also made mistakes, hooking up with her for 2 years after the breakup being the main one. She was actually dating this guy she is marrying during some of that period. I wish I wouldn't have been involved in that, but I was a mess for a long time due to the back and forth. I think I will be alright, I dont think I will ever contact her again in the future.

Archived