First date on Sun....now what?

shylight200

I went out with this guy on sunday, we saw a movie. He picked me up at my house and paid for the movie. We didn't really get to talk that much because the ride from my house to the movies is only about a 15 minute drive.

At the end of the movie, he wanted to get dinner, he didn't ask right out but hinted at it. I didn't respond to it though cause I had to get home. I might have seemed a little rude, but I didn't mean to sound that way.

Anyways, when he droped me off at my house, he didn't say "that's do this next week" or make any definite plans, but just said I'll call you and we'll do something next time. I'm not really sure how to respond to that though.

Should I call him or wait for him to call first? I don't know

personally i'd take that as a bad sign, but hey that's just my opinion.

instead of telling US you didn't mean to be rude, mabe you should make sure HE knows that?

That's what I'm thinking too...but I really did have something else to do that night that I did not really think to explain to him. I'm not hiding anything, but it honestly did not occur to me that I would have to explain my reasons.

do you like him?

I think I do, but honestly, I don't know him all that well. But I would like to get to know him better

You don't have to be per se.

But, I think it is best if you do since, personally, I feel that he may be insecure about how you feel about him, given what you said happened.

Besides, calling first should be seen as a position of power and security, not one of vulnerability.

Grab the bull by the horns...as the saying goes.

I think he failed by going to a movie. You guys didn't even get a chance to talk. Movies are a terrible first date idea for any guys reading this! I think he's a bit shy and probably does like you. I would give him a few days. I bet he gets in touch.

• 2 weeks later...

You were right, he did get in touch the next day. We've been texting back and forth everyday and he has yet to ask me out again. I don't know if he wants to but doesn't want to ask or if he isn't interested anymore. I suppose I could ask him out but I really don't want to be the one asking him.

I wouldn't ask him him out directly, I would ask him when he is going to take you out again. That way you wont emasculate him, and personally I think it is kind of cute when girls do that.

It is typically his responsibility to ask you out for the second date, but it sounds like you gave him pretty bad signals. IMO it is your responsibility at this point to show a little more obvious interest if you want this to go anywhere. The reason he hasn't asked you out again yet is probably because he is trying to get a feel where you stand by texting you a bit. Sounds like you aren't really giving him anything though.

I'll be honest with you, if I was the guy who went out with you I would have took what you did as being not interested. I probably wouldn't contact you again unless I really liked you. If you ever have to turn down an invitation like that again, make sure you say something like, "I can't today, but I would love to go to dinner with you another time." You could even suggest a day after that.

Archived