So, I love this girl. She's someone who I want to spend the rest of my life with. But we're young, and she says that she isn't ready for that kind of relationship. I don't know what to do. Should I wait until she feels the same way about me? or do I move on, and hope I feel this way about someone else?

Thanks,

K

I don't know how young young is. I am 19 years old and my husband is 22 we have been married a little over a year now. My grandparents have been married for almost 50 years and they were 17 and 20 when they got married and of different races ( phillipino and White) in a time when that was not common and so I know if you love some one it can work out.

But the Commitment has to be there too.

My husband and I believe in God and bibical marriage and that helps alot for us first and foremost marriage is a commitment to God and then eachother.

I have however seen people who do not veiw it that way stay together.

If you love her you should stay with her. Because believe me it is worht it. Granted it is not always easy and you will not alwaysget a long work it out as long as both of you are willing to work through it it will work. And it is very much worth it.

I think you should sit down and really think about it. Talk to her about it too. See were it goes

I'm in the same exact situation as you. We're both 20. I don't know how young you are, but I love her but she broke up with me because our relationship was getting too serious and she couldn't be in such a committed relationship. She told me she wishes she met me in the future when she was ready.

What I'm doing is I'm not waiting but I'm keeping her around in my life. You have to move on to be able to live and be happy because if you wait around for years its going to kill you to know about her dating other people. You need to get over you two as a couple but keep things on good terms. This allows you to move on and live your life and have your eyes open for dating other girls and being happy but at the same time it leaves an open end with your ex so that if things fall right there's a chance you could get back in the future if that's whats meant to happen. But, don't wait for it to happen because it'll just cause you more heartbreak and constant pain.

If you love her you should stay with her. Because believe me it is worht it. Granted it is not always easy and you will not alwaysget a long work it out as long as both of you are willing to work through it it will work. And it is very much worth it.

I think you should sit down and really think about it. Talk to her about it too. See were it goes

We aren't dating anymore, but we are still very close friends. We're both 18, about to go off to college in the fall and I'm leaving soon for a summer job.

Take her word for it when she says "she isn't ready for that kind of relationship" - she sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders for her age.

I would say it's best to move on, especially seeing as you're about to go off to college, summer job etc etc where you are bound to meet a lot of new people (and girls of course).

Archived