Does this girl just want to be my friend?

Paul_h

Hi I joined this forum in hope of some advice. Sorry if this is going to be a long post and thanks to any one who takes the time to read it. First of all I’m 24 who has never had a girlfriend or anything which I sometimes get upset about and I’m very shy. There is a girl called Sarah who I know from my friends and is occasionally with us when we go to the pub. About two months ago I went to the pub and Sarah was in there with her friend Vicky who I’ve never seen before. As soon I walked in the pub Vicky smiled at me and came up and said “your nice” We started talking which was hard for me because I’m shy but I was ok because she seemed a little shy as well although not as much as me. She was asking me a lot of questions about myself. She seemed a little bit drunk and not having much confidence in my self and because I’ve never had a girlfriend and because she was a little drunk I found it hard to believe that she could like me. She told me that she had a boyfriend but it wasn’t going to well. I asked her friend Sarah about this and she confirmed this to. The night came to an end and I didn’t see her again until about a month later in the same pub again. This time she was only drinking coke all night and she seemed even more interested in me than the last time wanting to be with me all night which was good because I liked her to. This time she told me that she had just broken up with her boyfriend and she was single. The night came to an end and we found out that we only live a couple of streets away. I said I would walk home with her so she wasn’t on her own and to hopefully get her phone number. As soon as we left the pub she started crying about her boyfriend and saying how she wants him back. So I calmed her down but didn’t bother to get her number in the end just a hug and she asked me to add her on facebook. On Friday just gone I had an email from her friend Sarah which was a week old I didn’t see it because I was on holiday. It said “Hi how are you Vicky’s with me and she wants to know what your number is“ I replied back and explained that I’ve just seen the email because I was on holiday and wrote down my phone number if Vicky sill wants it and asked if they were out at the weekend. Sarah replied back saying they were out that night but didn’t know where and that they would look out for me. I did see them out that night. I said hello and gave Vicky a hug then Sarah said to me give Vicky your number because I forgot to write it down so I got my phone out and asked Vicky to type her number into my phone then I rang her phone so she has my number. A couple of minutes after Vicky and Sarah were talking and they were talking about Vicky being back with her boyfriend but that night Vicky still seemed really interested in me. I’m confused now why did she want my number. Does she just want to be friends with me which would be ok by me or does she like me. I like her to but I’m not sure what she wants or if she is happy being with her boyfriend. Should I just forget about her and be her friend? Or does any one think they is an opportunity here? Thanks for reading this.

Thanks for the reply, I was sort of thinking the same that I should just forget about her. My best friend said I should text her and ask her if she had a nice weekend and if she got up to much because she will be expecting it. But I suppose that might put me in the friends zone. As she seems to have a boyfriend I wouldn’t be interested in her now anyway. I’m still a little confused though as to why she wanted my number.

Archived