GF leaving for one month, should i be worried?

lkm370

my gf is leaving for one month, she is going to asia and we will have no contact beside emailing each other like once a week, now do you think that one month might do a lot of damage?, like the thing is i really, really like her, and so does she likewise, but im worried that after one month she might lose interest or feelings for me?...I dont obsess over this or worry about it that much but i cant help but think about it sometimes.

There's no way to tell what will happen until she's there. So you might as well give it a shot, right? If you keep in contact as much as possible (even if it's just once a week) then I would imagine you shouldn't be as worried as you are. But the way I see it, you have 2 options right now:

1. Plan to email whenever you can, and look forward to seeing her at the end of the month, all the while knowing that her feelings may or may not change. At least with this option, there's a chance she'll come back excited to see you and you'll pick up where you left off.

2. Break it off when she leaves because you're worried about it. This option means you probably wouldn't even keep in contact while she's gone, thus voiding the chance she'll come back feeling the same way for you she felt when she first left.

So you might as well go with 1, right?

Way before email...

My husband went on a business trip for two months (when we were single). I did joke a bit with him a bit about meeting "beach bunnies" (he went to a seaside town) but he never gave me any reason to doubt him, and he called as often as he could, and I could tell by his voice he wanted ME and missed ME.

I guess the important thing is to see how often she reaches out, and don't be negative or insecure when you do hear from her, always make it a great experience for her to "write home" and she will early and often. Don't demand anything, sit back and see... you may be surprised.

It can be difficult, but it may make your relationship stronger. absence makes the heart grow fonder after all.

If she loves you then this will be very difficult for her too, and she will want nothing more than to just be back with you... If she loves you then there is no way a month apart will dull that... if it does then there was never anything there.

Archived