Getting Over Friendship

justhere

So I had some friends (a boyfriend/girlfriend couple) and we had a falling out a while ago. I don't even know what you would call it. Anyway, they have pretty much made the point that they really don't want to stay friends or try to be friends ever again.

I don't like it, but I can't be friends with people who don't return the feeling. So I am ready to move on but I just can't get them out of my head. I think about them every day. I think to myself what they might be doing or whatever.

Part of my problem is I have a self-confidence problem so I am always wondering if they might be doing something that I'm not or he is moving on to greater things and I am stuck in the sa,e spot. It is stupid I know, but I really used to have alot of respect for this couple.

Also, I never got to say how I really felt about the matter. Now I just want to tell them goodbye and if they ever want to be freinds again, just let me know. I know I will never get the chance to say that.

So I would really like to just stop thinking about them, stop comparing myself to him, and just move on.

I think you got too attached to them. You need to firstly try and work on your self confidence.That might be the sole reason why they don't want to be friends, maybe you relied too much on them.

I know its easy to say, but you need to stop thinking about them and concentrate on yourself & your life. Try and make friends but keep some distance, don't get too close unless you feel they are the type of people who would be equally as close to you, as you are to them.

Good luck.

I know I got too close to them. Meaning I thought the friendship was stronger than it apparently was. I really didn't depend on them too much. I'm not questioning what happened I just want to get over it, move on, and stop thinking about them.

Then use the spare time you would have normally spent with them for something new. Join a gym, go swimming, even going for a long walk while listening to your ipod. Maybe even reading a book or buying some DVD's that will keep you entertained.

Archived