Shy even online

Knotty

Why am I shy online where people don't even know me? In particular, on dating sites I'm still shy about sending messages. I can't really explain it because logically I know that I'm still pretty much anonymous; moreover, I know other guys are a lot more inconsiderate and indiscriminate, so I shouldn't worry about my messages being unwelcome. Is it just the fear of the unknown or I'm afraid to make a mistake or something? Or maybe I'm afraid that things will happen too fast once I start the ball rolling.

Anyone else feel the same way? Any advice for me?

fear, fear, fear. risk=reward. I have made too many mistakes due to fear. Its been ruining my life. You have to just go for things, otherwise you'll regret you never did. That's the worst thing in the world. to regret not doing. So just do it. Your not the first, not the last.

Hope this helps and good luck

your not alone.

Do you fear what you are familiar with? No, you don't. Therefore, what you need is some experience (ie. exposure to your fear). Both success and failure is experience, be sure to learn from them.

Thanks for the responses and advice. Part of it is probably that writing has been my worst subject all my life, so I'm constantly worried about what to write and how well it will come accross. Participating in this and other forums has helped a little with this. I bet what you see me write here takes a lot more time to write than it would for other people.

Archived