second_opinion

"oh but your such a good girl", "your so pretty" and my favourite of them all "your still young"

Pfft Young my butt! I thought I wouldnt have to deal with people at work asking me if Im dating anyone but nope I was wrong, they ask and when they discover Im single they make pathetic remarks.. I mean common there MUST be a reason as to why Im still single or that men dont want to settle down with me! There must be a REASON! There are so many people who can land a bf/gf so quickly but it take me YEARS, and even then they dont work out!

Sigh...

You're not the only one, trust me. There are millions of single men/women out here in the world. There are also millions of reasons as to why we stay single even though we feel as if were ready for something serious. And just because you see couples holding hands, smiling, kissing and sharing ice cream doesn't always mean that things are as pleasant as they may seem at a glance. Under each couple you may see shining amongst the sun, lies a dry desert filled with their own problems, headaches, heartaches and uncanny ordeal.

Take it as a blessing, being single that is. Take this as an opportunity to REALLY find what it is your looking for. Because if you're up for it, NOW is the time for you to do so. And you have all the time in the world. Whereas you have folks who are 5 or 10 years into their relationship/marriage and already have other obligations and committments that may prohibit them from being as free as you are. Or perhaps, you just may know a friend who is in a relationship that is not going anywhere. It happens.

But not when you're single.

And trust me, you can do a lot better being comfortably single than you can being miserably involved.

Archived