A tough split

mci6218
Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch T...
Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch This!

Just going through a tough split with my wife. It is a lot my fault. It was nice going away and just having time to think to myself this last week. A lot of things are going on that are more then I can take at times but I am going to get out of this sooner or later.

Planning a Las Vegas trip in the next few weeks that should help.

I think with divorce you need to have a plan to get in a happy place. I am working on one now.

Without knowing the circumstances of your history, since this is your only post, would it be fair to surmise that she's divorcing you over an affair?

At any rate... You are absolutely right! With a divorce or a break up, you do need a plan, but bear in mind that a small but happy distraction won't really cut it. Especially this holiday you're planning. Afterward, when you return from the vacation, you're still going to have to face your emotions and the reality of a divorce when you return.

From experience, it would do you a whole lot of good to go through the grieving process first, and then to making your plans to bettering yourself with a side order of a vacation thrown in. Consider doing that first instead of trying to prolong the inevitable, which is; you're going to grieve sooner or later, so might as well get it over and done with, and then enjoy your holiday.

Essential Happiness is the key factor here. And that starts with you working on yourself, to being content with your own emotions and your lifestyle.

I understand the lies my plan is to be 100% honest and open - the worst part of it all is having to fight with someone that you love more then anything. In my situation I wish I could go back to the happiest moments and forget the rest. I honestly think I can - as long as my fear can go away. I wish for that more then anything - and no one will ever ever understand if my wish comes true. Sometimes I think that the worst of it was because of the stress of the lie we were living under - so many arguments around suspicions/fear of being found out. I want to drop the whole thing and go back to the happy moments - with the lie out of the way. If he would only reach out and want the same. Have fun in Vegas. Thinking of that place - which was our playground makes me smile.

• 2 years later...

Archived