One True Love?

vertigoxo

Is there only ever that one person who is so right, so perfect, that fills our lives with love and light... that you're sure that you'll spend an eternity forever with him or her?

Or am I just being unrealistic? I'll admit, I'm a hopeless romantic.

I think there are probably multiple people out there for any given person. Think about people who have their SO die on them. They have been very much in love, but that doesn't mean they will never find it again. Many go on to fall in love with another person.

There are about 3 billion people on Earth. That means 3 billion opportunities for true love. There is someone out there for everyone but it varies between everybody on when we will end up with them. Because you need time and patience to build up a relationship to the point where you say I do.

No relationship is perfect in the sense that there will always be smooth sailing. But it is perfect in such that we are imperfect. Taking the good and bad that make a person who she/he is. My last relationship I fell in love with this girl who listens to the Jonas Brothers. Now even though I think New Years Eve could be better w- out them I still loved the parts I didn't like about her because that is what made her who she was.

The bad in life is there so we can appreciate the good. Otherwise we would take the good for granted which is a good thing but not to the point where we let go of responsibility, care and respect. This applies for relationships and your "soul mate."

Don't worry I'm a hopeless romantic. Let me ask you where do you imagine yourself when you are being proposed to?

Don't worry I'm a hopeless romantic. Let me ask you where do you imagine yourself when you are being proposed to?

On the Eiffel tower, at night, with the full moon glowing against the night skies and if not, I'd prefer fireworks playing in the background in that moment.... *blush and giggle*

On the Eiffel tower, at night, with the full moon glowing against the night skies and if not, I'd prefer fireworks playing in the background in that moment.... *blush and giggle*

That's a coincidence, because that was one idea for me to propose to my girl. Minus the fireworks, and it would be in Spring when it is temperate or in the Winter while it snows at night. The other would be like my father did which would be on a beach at sunset.

I really wish that weren't true. Imagine something happened that prevented you from being with that one person, then you'll be heartbroken for life, with no hope of finding love again. I agree that there are lots of opportunities to find true love.

That's a coincidence, because that was one idea for me to propose to my girl. Minus the fireworks, and it would be in Spring when it is temperate or in the Winter while it snows at night. The other would be like my father did which would be on a beach at sunset.

Oh my God, that's so sweet of you! Your girl is one lucky lady! Congratulations!

I really wish that weren't true. Imagine something happened that prevented you from being with that one person, then you'll be heartbroken for life, with no hope of finding love again. I agree that there are lots of opportunities to find true love.

Yeah, you're right! Maybe there are a few loves out there that are a perfect fit for us. I think...

no way! If there were only one person for one person.. how would they ever meet?

I don't know how to explain it but for some reason there is an order to this. As crazy as the world gets there something that has to be guiding everything to what we really want. I'm not that religious or spiritual but there is without a doubt something, that is bigger then all of us that keeps a natural order to help guide us. Am I wrong?

This is also true. But in the end that is life and * * * * will, whether we like it or not, happen. I know this is not what you'd want to hear but the truth cannot always be what you want to hear. All of this is to make you stronger if you can fight through the pain. Remember as one door closes another will open.

Several stories:

1. In ancient times, there was an old couple who lived in the time of Shakyamuni Buddha. This old couple had met when they were young. They spent a good life together, and now they wish to spend another lifetime together. So they expressed their wish to Shakyamuni - They want to spend their next life time, once again, as husband and wife. Shakyamuni answered that if a couple led righteous lives, then they could pray for this, and it would happen.

2. In the Symposium, Socrates revealed an ancient teaching which an old woman taught him. Today, humans have two sides - back and front. In the earliest times, both sides were front - e.g. a human could see from the back as well as the front, he had four legs and four arms, etc. Because of these duplicate organs, humans were exceedingly capable and correspondingly grew arrogant. So the gods, outraged by the insolence of humans, chose to punish them. They cut up each human into two halves, creating our modern humans - two legs, two arms, two eyes, a front and a back. However, because each new human subconsciously remembers his former self as half of a whole, he always feels a great void. Therefore, he relentlessly seeks out his other half.

3. According to Mahayana teachings, we have all reincarnated over countless lifetimes. In countless lifetimes, anyone could have once been our lover, our friend, our parent, or our offspring, our enemy, etc. The injunction, therefore, is to treat each person kindly, because in past lives he might have been on the most loving and intimate terms with us.

Personally, I think story 1 is the most romantic story there is. These stories offer a lot of food for thought, because they carry concrete implications for our daily actions.

If you believe that there's more than one person for each person, then you would get over lost loves much more easily. It would make sense to look for new loves. It would also be possible to expect new loves to equal or even to exceed old loves.

However, if you believe that there's only one person for each person, then life is very difficult in cases of lost love. On the other hand, you might be motivated to overcome tremendous difficulties to seek her out and to win her over.

There's another school of thought - Time creates love. For instance, if a man and a woman are stuck on a deserted island, then they might come together and become husband and wife. Because they spend so much time together, they grow fond of each other and attached to each other - They will love each other.

If one believes in this school of thought, then one might expect anyone to be a potential lover. Circumstances will create shared memories, which will in turn create affection. This is the most ancient school of thought, because in ancient times, brides and grooms don't necessarily know each other before the wedding night. People expected them to develop feelings for each other - Afterall, it is the most natural thing for a man and a woman to come together.

Perhaps this is why people say, "One night as husband and wife, one hundred days of affection." Shared memories and intimate experiences create attachment. Nature, ingenious as always, created sex so to promote long-term coupling amongst humans.

Personally, I think all schools of thoughts are valid. Some people might incline toward one school over the other because of their personalities.

Life is hard, but then God made love, which seems like a consolation. But is it really?

3 Billion? You mean 6.7 billion people on earth Anyways I agree with your post. I dont believe there is only "one" person for someone out there, that is pretty unrealistic, I think there are numbers of people in this world who could be your "true love", but you dont meet all of them, instead you meet one of them and stick to them.

Im still waiting on that "true love", but I dont mind it takes a while to meet that man of my life. (:

3 Billion? You mean 6.7 billion people on earth Anyways I agree with your post. I dont believe there is only "one" person for someone out there, that is pretty unrealistic, I think there are numbers of people in this world who could be your "true love", but you dont meet all of them, instead you meet one of them and stick to them.

Im still waiting on that "true love", but I dont mind it takes a while to meet that man of my life. (

Thanks for that Doll. My point is we will get into a various amount of relationships which will prepare us for the final one. And if that one fails there will always be the possibility of someone else. When you do finally get married the challenge is staying with that person while facing the world around you with all of its problems. Temptation is one of these that can tear apart two people. Even still there are some people that have come out from infidelity and become closer and stronger for it. Just one of the many things that can destroy a relationship.

Try not to sweat it too much Barbie your a heart throb I'm sure that guy is right around the corner.

I don't know how to explain it but for some reason there is an order to this. As crazy as the world gets there something that has to be guiding everything to what we really want. I'm not that religious or spiritual but there is without a doubt something, that is bigger then all of us that keeps a natural order to help guide us. Am I wrong?

This is also true. But in the end that is life and * * * * will, whether we like it or not, happen. I know this is not what you'd want to hear but the truth cannot always be what you want to hear. All of this is to make you stronger if you can fight through the pain. Remember as one door closes another will open.

You're not wrong, but that is your belief. Noone can know for sure!! I don't believe in destiny to be honest, we're all free to make our own decisions and I don't believe there's some force out there that is guiding us.

Love can't be denied where it exist. there is always someone in your life who you will feel deeply and strongly for, no matter how many loves you can or will have, there will always be one person your heart belongs to, the one you will always truly love.

and when you find that kind of special bond with someone that affects you in everyway, someone that changes your life etc, thats when you have captured true love. and it usually always happens when you at least expect it. though unfortunately some people will never find that.

Archived