Bra Size Question

This isn't a personal problem, just a question.

I know bra sizes go A, B, C, D, DD, DDD, and so on. But after a certain point do they stop with doubles and triples and just have one letter?

What got me thinking about this was a conversation yesterday with some co-workers. We were on break and somehow we got on the subect of breastfeeding. One of the guys there was saying when his wife was breastfeeding their son she got up to a size H. And I remembered my Ex's sister when she was breastfeeding got up to a J. In her case, I saw her when she was breasfeeding and they didn't look that much bigger.

So none of us really knew how the cup sizes go when you get up into the really huge sizes. So I was just wondering if anyone here knows?

PS, sorry for this seemingly pointless thread. Just something I was wondering about.

link removed

I also found this interesting tidbit on another bra-fitting page

Difference (between band measurement & bust measurement)=Standard Cup Size

0"-1/2" (1.3 cm)=AA

1/2"- 1" (2.6 cm)=A

2" (5.1 cm)=B

3" (7.6 cm)=C

4" (10.2 cm)=D

5" (12.7 cm) =DD or E

6" (15.2 cm)=DDD or F

7" (17.8 cm)=G

8" (20.3 cm)=H

9" (22.9 cm=)=I

10" (25.4 cm)=J

Important Note: this measuring system tends to become less accurate as the cup sizes go above a D. Additionally, some manufacturers name larger cup sizes differently.

So, it looks like the situation is very similar to what we find in women's clothing in general - a size, say, 6 is usually a specific range of measurements....but can vary by manufacturer....sometimes by a lot.

In the cheap store brands (walmart, kmart, meijer, etc) I'm still taking a size 16. In the more expensive department store lines, I easily fit into a 14. Go figure.

link removed

I also found this interesting tidbit on another bra-fitting page

So, it looks like the situation is very similar to what we find in women's clothing in general - a size, say, 6 is usually a specific range of measurements....but can vary by manufacturer....sometimes by a lot.

In the cheap store brands (walmart, kmart, meijer, etc) I'm still taking a size 16. In the more expensive department store lines, I easily fit into a 14. Go figure.

Yea... Depending on where I shop my bra size can vary from a C to a DD.

And my jean size can be anywhere from a 10 to a 14.

The push up bikini the fashion swim...
The push up bikini the fashion swimsuit you should have with you

Archived