She’s 27…apparently going on 16

riley123

Seriously, I’m beginning to think it’s true. I posted a thread earlier this week about some problems I’ve been going through with my new girlfriend of a few months and now I’m thinking maybe I should assume it’s over.

Basically, problems surfaced two weeks ago and I didn’t see her last weekend, which was her decision. We talked once at the beginning of this week, but she still didn’t want to talk about what was bothering her. She was angry when I brought it up.

She sent me a text on Wednesday saying that she would call me tomorrow…on Thursday. Well, I never heard from her. I even called her because it was getting late and she didn’t pick up…and I still haven’t heard from her…not even a text.

Anyway, I don’t know what to do. We live in separate states (about an hour away) and I was planning on going down this weekend, but if she’s blowing me off then I won’t.

I don’t want to get mad at her when she’s got stuff going on, but this has been going on for two weeks! What should I do?

*Edit: I should add that I did ask her last weekend if she wanted this to be over for her to come right out and tell me...but she claims that she didn't (at least then)...

Was there a time in the relationship when you two were much closer than this, or has she always sort of been a little distant?

It doesn't seem right that she isn't (assumedly) making any effort to contact you..

That must be extremely frustrating as she could be hiding something.

All you can really do is ride it out and see if she contacts you, but unless she has a good explanation or apology, this seems unforgivable.

Good luck.

No, this is a drastic change in behavior.

Of course, I don't think I'm completely innocent. She's made many comments that she wishes that she fit into my 'box' better...so apperently I gave her the impression that I wish certain things about her were different, which is not true.

I too would assume it's over. The ball really is in her court to contact you and since she hasn't then that is usually a sign that things are going bad.

So don't contact her and if she decides to contact you then ask her what it is she wants from you and see if it fits with what you want. In the meantime take her silence as a sign of non-interest.

Pretty much what DN said. You've signalled concern by trying to contact her; after that it's up to her to be communicative if she wants to talk it through with you. You're a concerned person who knows her well but you're not a mind reader. If she can't cope with that, she might have to think about things a little more deeply.

Communication is one of the most inportant aspects of a relationship. It the communication is already this bad so early on, then it's probably a sign that this realtionship does not stand much of a chance- unless the communication style drastically changes.

So don't contact her and if she decides to contact you then ask her what it is she wants from you and see if it fits with what you want. In the meantime take her silence as a sign of non-interest.

I also agree with this.

Archived