How can you get your ex back when you live together?

Hey, no one mentioned this, but this post is a real eye opener to me...

Listen, if you want her back, you need to stop BEING THERE for her man... the thing is... who cares if she has been "closer" to you?? You know... don't let HER decide if you guys are going to be affectionate towards each other or not. Tell her that YOU WANT to break up, and that YOU WANT some time apart to get YOUR bearings straight. Then make her chase you, not the other way around.

And then go out on your own. None of this wedding non sense. It sounds like she's dragging you around doing what she wants to do... that your pretty much on the proverbially leash. I mean, c'mon, be honest... did you really want to go to the wedding?

Listen, don't worry about being rejected (for now). Allow yourself to get used to rejecting HER. A lot of the times... a girl won't come back if you're always available to her. She needs to have some fear of losing you... because what's her "rush" to come back if you'll still be there for her 2 days OR 2 weeks from now? There isn't one... she KNOWS she's got you...

It's obvious that your girlfriend doesn't really know what she wants, and she's going to hurt you even more in the process if you let her act this way. Is there no punishment for breaking up with you because "she wants to live by herself" but giving you hope that something might happen in the future to change that?

Marc

PS. You shouldn't have done the cat thing. Dating experts call this sort of thing supplication... and while this isn't the ordinary example of it, it still counts. She said she wanted a cat... you got a cat. Don't go overboard trying to please her like that. You don't owe her anything...

If you own up to the fact that you might lose her sooner by being straight forward with her, you'll just get this over with, and man up and stand up for yourself. Don't get caught being desperate to be with her... because this will usually just taken advantage of, and not always on purpose... (especially if you live together) After all, this is better than dragging something out for another 2 months only to have your heart broken harder this time.

Well, I have kind of stopped being there for her. I mean, last night she came in my room and she was like, "Where were you? I didn't know what we were gonna do about dinner because you weren't here."

Me: "Blading."

Like I told you a week ago. As long as you are living under the same roof, no progress will be made.

Like I told you a week ago. As long as you are living under the same roof, no progress will be made.

So then that just goes along with the whole, "wanting what you can't have" thing right? That isn't even real love. If she got back with me because she missed me then that eventually wouldn't last.

I might add that I have been going out just about every night. Last night I came home and she noticed my new shirt. She said it was alot like the one she has and I jokingly said, "I know..I just noticed that. It's almost like we're the perfect match." She kinda smiled and then I said, "It's just that only one of us can see it that way right now." She just replied with, "For now." And I said, when are you gonna see it differently and she said, "When I'm ready."

"What, do I need to move to california for five years and then come back to you?"

"No, that would be ridiculous."

So then that just goes along with the whole, "wanting what you can't have" thing right? That isn't even real love. If she got back with me because she missed me then that eventually wouldn't last.

There is a difference between getting back with you because she missed you and figuring out she misses you because she loves you.

So then please define real love for me. There our 1000s of us on here trying to figure it out.

There is a difference between getting back with you because she missed you and figuring out she misses you because she loves you.

So then please define real love for me. There our 1000s of us on here trying to figure it out.

And so you are saying there is no way that I can do this while I live here? What if I am just hardly ever home? Which lately seems to be the case.

Like I said, there is no way for me to get out of the lease. She said that she would continue to pay my share if I moved out but I won't be able to get another apartment as long as I am still in a contract with this one. My only option would be to stay at a friends house and I really don't want to do that. I thought about maybe taking a "vacation" and staying with my friend for a while but I don't want to actually live there.

Archived