Jump to content

Do cheaters always eventually get caught?


confusedgirly

Recommended Posts

I just want to know, what the likelihood is of someone who cheats on their partner getting caught?

 

Just because I read a survey that said only something like 30% actually get caught, and the other 70% never get found out. So in fact you could be dating someone who has cheated on you but you never knew and you'll never know and you're none the wiser.

 

I guess it comes down to how well they can lie, if you recognise 'the signs' and if you live with the person or not.

 

I'd just like to think that they all at some stage slip up and get found out and get their just desserts. Surely?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont believe in statistics generally. Not with things like this. The thing is, if you cheat, you could get away scott free, OR you could get caught. Even if you were completely sneaky and covered up every track sometimes the truth still pops out.

 

But, you have to try and be with a person you trust enough not too and keep both eyes open without becoming paranoid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure there are plenty who get away with it. Cheating isn't all that difficult, if you're smart about it. I don't doubt that people have done things with other people behind my back in the past that I would never know about, but I don't stress about it. The people at Starbucks could have also been urinating in my lattes for the past ten years, but I'd never know and would only drive myself crazy speculating that every barista was secretly going to defile my beverages and therefore live in fear of drinking coffee. Sometimes, you just gotta trust people and hope for the best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure of what is the percentage of those that get caught cheating versus those that kept that secret to their grave but I do know that even if they never got caught, they will always have to lie to their partners and work way hard on maintaining that well concrete lie. Now that's a lot of work but yes anything is possible, you just have to be good at it and not make it obvious, not leave any track.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think more and more spouses who never suspected their partners of cheating are finding out more and more by means of technology. I've read so many stories of husbands and wives who thought their spouses would never cheat - then they happen to see a text or phone call coming in on the cell, or they catch an email their forgot to delete... more and more cheaters who are good at covering their tracks and their foul character are getting caught now due to today's communication mediums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It all depends on the type of person you are. Problem is that cheating often becomes addictive for many individuals hence the saying "once a cheater always a cheater". Once someone enjoys the excitement of cheating on their SO and getting away with it they contemplate doing it again and after a few times it becomes a thrill they just can't stay away from. Once this becomes an ongoing thing they are eventually going to get caught. There are some people though that do cheat once and are either overwhelmed with guilt or its not what they expected so they never do it again, in which cases the probability of those individuals getting caught are almost non existent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO if someone cheats once and does not repeat, (with the same partner) the chances of being caught are probably less than someone who carries on an affair longtime...I suppose they could do this once every few months or years and "get away with it". Unless they end up with an STD...I think if someone carries on a LTR with another then the chances of being found out are obviously going to increase.

 

Do you suspect somone in your life of cheating?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do know someone who carried on an undiscovered 5 year affair. Kind of remarkable really when you think about it. I tend to give them credence that their spouse really doesn't pay attention to them in a situation like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some get caught, some don't. Some men can hide a mistress for years...

 

I think a lot suspect their partner may be involved elsewhere, but they are in denial. They don't think their partner would ever be capable of cheating/or they think their partner would never cheat on them, so they choose to ignore the signs, hence the affair blossoms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will They Cheat Again ? - 10 signs
Will They Cheat Again ? - 10 signs

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...