I like this guy... but I don't think it's mutual

hmdreamer7

So I've been liking this one guy for awhile. I finally built up enough courage to talk to him at the bar, get his phone number, and even call him and invite him to see a movie with me a few days later. When I called I got the voice mail, so I left a message, and I left my phone number. He ended up texting me back that he's had the flu and is a little out of it, and so I told him that I hope he gets better and to take it easy. It's been a week, and I see him around more (we work at businesses that are close to each other), so I know he's better, but he hasn't called or texted or anything. And then today, he rode by on his bike and said hi to me, and I asked how he was feeling and he said that he's better, and that last week was awful... and he just kept riding away from me the whole time.

I don't get it. He doesn't call me, but he says hi to me, but he won't stop to talk to me. Is he not interested? Maybe he's just being nice bc he just wants to be friends? There's the chance that he really wasn't sick and was making it up. There's the chance that he WAS sick, but is busy catching up on work? But seriously, couldn't he have stopped to talk at least?? I don't know. Should I keep going after this guy, or should I be moving on to other prospects?

He probably doesnt mind talking to you when he sees you but he is definitely not interested in a date with you.

I'd have to agree. I get this a lot - it's kind of deflating, but just have to pick yourself up, accept the rejection and move on. Trust me, it's worse when they do go out with you once and you think they like you, and then just start doing what you describe. That actually hurts. Be grateful he spared you that, at least.

Move on to other prospects; don't waste any more time with this one. You've already made it clear you like him and if it was mutual he'd have responded by now. It would have been very rude if he hadn't even said 'Hi' to you, but he doesn't seem to want to go any further.

i agree with this. good for you for taking the initiative though.

yes. he doesn't sound all that interested, otherwise, i think he would have called to pick up a raincheck after he got over his flu. anyways, i am proud of you for making a move, that was brave, and hopefully, the next guy will appreciate you for it!!

Sorry but he's not interested in you that way. I have a guy friend who is in the same situation you're in and it's obvious that the woman he's into isn't into him. If you're always the one initiating contact and it seems as if you're doing all the work and leaping over hurdles to do so, it's a one way street.

Archived