Why Do People Enjoy Destroying Relationships?

vertigoxo

I've experienced this before, and have heard it all the time; A couple, very much in love and happy together. A bunch of people ("friends" of the opposite sex, ex boy/girlfriends, etc) comes in and tries to screw it up. The funny part? Once the couple breaks up, nobody wants either of them romantically. Maybe sexually, yes, but never romantically.

Why? If you don't like someone like that, why would not want them to like someone else?

Because people like that are selfish......

Just like the OW that chases a married man for the challenge of it. She doesn't want him perse, she just wants to know that she could conquer him.

People like that are sick and often lack something in their own lives.

Because people are miserable and misery loves company. I can't tell you about the number of times in which sadistic malicious people would get together for a common goal of splitting a friendship or relationship up. However, it is up to the two people involved in that pairing to not let it happen, even when they are ticked off at each other.

We all have an evil tendency within our hearts and minds... it is what we do with it that differentiates us from one another.

Are you talking about the other person basically coming onto the already taken person and the taken person breaks up their so called happy loving relationship to be with this other person??

If so, not that happy now are they? I'd say good riddance and a good lesson learned.

In my blunt opinion, people who really are strong and meant for each other won't really be affected by these sorts of people. So, it may be a good thing that someone led him astray. At least now you know that guy is so not worth your time since he is even capable of it.

As for WHY these people try to weasel their way between couples....I'd have to chalk it up to ego boosts. Knowing that you can lead a taken person astray might be self esteem thing for them. Even if they don't actually want them.

When you are in a good relationship, you join together and present a united front to people like that. If these jerks cause a breakup, the relationship probably wasn't going to work, anyway.
Agreed, if they break up with you based on what they heard from others then the person was never worth your time.

I find your question a bit confusing, though I think I have managed to gage what you mean from other people's posts, I think? I think that the relationship was not very strong in the first place if someone can come in and break them up so easily.

People like a challenge and once that challenge has been achieved, they are not interested any more.

Its not as rare as you think, its almost human nature. its a cruel world

Archived