I Love you

Blue21

Hi guys / gals. I have been in a relationship since early March with a wonderful girl. My issue is that she keeps telling me that she loves me. Don't get me wrong I don't think its a bad thing, It just that I don't feel the same way. I like her a lot, we have a lot of fun together and I do feel that eventually there is potential for those feelings to grow.

The first time she told me I love you, I really was not sure what to do so I just pulled her real close to me and whispered in her ear I care about you so much. Of course she knew what I didn't say but at least I tried to make it less awkward. Maybe our age could play a role as well I am a 25 year old and she is a 29 year old. If anyone has been in this situation any advise would be welcome, Thanks.

It's obvious that two people can't really fall in love at the same time, so it's something she should understand.

I've only said "I love you" to one person before, & that was my ex bf. The first time I said it was when I was going through a really tough time, & he was really supportive of me, & that's when I realized I loved him. I said it, but I knew not to be upset if I didn't hear it back.

I think if someone's going to risk saying those 3 words, they have to understand that they may not hear it back. There's no reason to get upset over it.

If the subject ever does come up & she asks you why you haven't said it, just simply explain to her that you don't usually fall in love so fast, but that you're very fond of her & you're sure you'll get there, too, someday.

i had an ex tell me 2 weeks into it. i didn't say it back until a year later. we dated for 4.5 years.

You think thats pressure. I once had a girl I dated for 2 months tell me that she would Marry me tomorrow if I asked her. She also tried to make her daughter call me Papa (4 yo kid) and the dad was in her life. I was like whoa there!! Slow your roll!!!

In response to your question though there are many ways to let her know how you feel about her without being pressured to say "I love you". For example telling her something like "you have no idea how much you mean to me" or "I am really lucky to have someone so special in my life" would all make her understand that you do care deeply for her.

If I told someone that and they immediately said it back, I would probably just think they felt forced to say it because I had said it. I've only really said it to two people. The first time I told the guy when I broke up with him. He didn't say anything and three years later told me that he had loved me too. It felt good to hear it even then after everything was over and we had both moved on. The second guy said "I know" when I said it to him. It wasn't what I expected to hear and I may have initially been upset that he had said something of that nature, but when I thought about it later, I realized that my actions toward him said love long before my mouth ever did and well, it didn't bother me much because I knew he loved me too...even if he didn't say it.

Archived