How long do I wait for this call? Mixed signals?

Cen

So I've been into this girl that I met about 2 months ago in a new circle of friends I hang out with most weekends. She's really tall (as am I) and very attractive/funny & fun to be with, and I do know she thinks I'm handsome & funny... but she has proven a bit difficult to read. Everyone in the group says they've noticed a current between us whenever we're together and have encouraged me to ask her out, these are very good friends of hers.

2 weekends ago we all hung out until about 3:30 AM at a friends house where we both were getting kind of flirty with one another & talking a lot, and I gave her a ride home .. she suggested we get some coffee for me since I have a longer drive back to my place, and even though I would've never gone for a coffee myself that night I agreed and we drove around a bit, found coffee, and then sat outside her apartment in my car and talked for about another half hour... she came out with us again the following night, and then breakfast that Sunday. In addition to this all she seems to be very attentive to what I have to say whenever I'm talking, we make lots of eye contact and I've seen her pass off other conversations to listen to me.

This past weekend we each were at an art function event, and at the end of the night we were both away from the crowd so I finally asked her if she'd want to get together sometime just the two of us, which she said "yeah, i think that would be cool" (she didn't stumble with the word "think", it was a relaxed and honest response for being put on the spot.) Afterwards she was still joking around with me, and we even walked back to our friends house together rather than get a ride back.

The reason I say she's hard to read is because I don't feel any amount of pursuit from her aside from asking me questions about myself/career/family etc... I don't expect a heavy pursuit or anything, but there is this gut feeling I have that she's either not that interested or is really guarded or something. When I asked her for her phone # at the end of the night I forgot to give her mine, but she didn't ask for it either. Admittedly I over analyze, and am a bit foreign to dating as its been a long while, but there a small megative signs scattered around.

So this week I first sent a text out to the group inviting them to come over for a small bbq at the end of the month (I had one last month which the girl in question came to, and was the first night I really noticed a spark). She responded to that text that she liked that idea, and she "is in!".

Yesterday I called her about getting together this weekend, missed her so I left a message ... but never got a call back. I know it might mean nothing, but to me I feel like if I were interested in someone I would've been excited to call back, or at least text if I wasn't able to.

Am I being ridiculous??

just chill. give her a couple days. what did your message say? maybe she's expecting another call from you.

My message was fairly brief, basically just asking when is good for her this weekend if she's still around, and to give me a call back to let me know.

Women only give small clues. Some give even less than that. Keep in mind that women who want to be chased will leave a small trial. She is doing that but also letting you know to step it up. From what you wrote she appears interested in you. Here's the deal. Get her out to a one on one (she will probably be in touch today). You're comfort level with her seems to be there. I would get her out with the intention of kissing her early on. Do your best to build up with some light touching/playful teasing. Build back some attraction. It seems the issue is with you and not her. If this keeps up you will only confuse her and risk the dreaded friend zone. Step it up, you're the man..remember that.

Based on what you wrote I would assume she is mildly interested in you where she would go out with you to see how things play out but its not like youre the guy of her dreams or anything. I would give it some more time and just see how things play out. So far so good

Thanks guys, I just got a text that she's been sick with Strep throat and out of work this week, but she will call in a little bit ... and warned me she has a man voice right now.

I'd say the date for this weekend is probably off depending on her condition, but I suppose I should try to reschedule.

Thanks guys, I just got a text that she's been sick with Strep throat and out of work this week, but she will call in a little bit ... and warned me she has a man voice right now.

I'd say the date for this weekend is probably off depending on her condition, but I suppose I should try to reschedule.

If she's calling you while she has strep throat...she's interested. Keep us updated.

haha i thought about that for a few split seconds, but I think it'd have been much too oddly placed .. if I was 3 or 4 dates in then maybe it would've been acceptable.

We talked last night and will be getting together next week which i'm quite excited about.

Archived