Why do I keep hating people?

Lusif

When I started uni last year I was relatively open-minded about people, but I haven't made that many friends because I'm shy.

Now I've found myself randomly disliking people (especially girls) for stupid, snobbish reasons, like them dressing rah/preppy, using text talk, being ex-private schoolers, being promiscuous, taking drugs, drinking lots... basically, being different to me. I dislike popular people because I feel too many people like them already and they don't need my friendship.

I feel like I don't relate to girls much, but I don't want to disqualify myself from being friends with someone just because they're not a carbon copy of me.

I'm better at getting on with guys, but I'm not enough of a ladette to really be that close to them.

I want to stop before I start getting really narrow-minded and prejudiced

I am a pretty easygoing person though, I'm hardly uptight.

It might be jealousy, because yeah I am jealous of girls who are more popular than me...

The girl-hating thing might be because I don't have much of a relationship with my mum!

There are people i don't like and am not fond of, and i simply disassociate with them.

I agree life is too short for hate.

why not just find persons of similar outlook to yourself? It seems you dislike shallow people, which I think is more common than people let on. Join a uni club/group, or go to a seminar/talk and chat with people there.

sounds like this is your way of feeling 'above' them.

if you have trouble meeting them this is a form of boosting your confidence.

or it justifies in your mind 'i'm too good for them'

i'm bad with words right now, but it probably has alot to do with you lashing out about maybe feeling rejected in some way.

it hurts alot less when they dont talk to you or intimidate you when you say 'well this person was ____ anyway'

sounds like this is your way of feeling 'above' them.

if you have trouble meeting them this is a form of boosting your confidence.

or it justifies in your mind 'i'm too good for them'

i'm bad with words right now, but it probably has alot to do with you lashing out about maybe feeling rejected in some way.

it hurts alot less when they dont talk to you or intimidate you when you say 'well this person was ____ anyway'

I think this is pretty true thank you though, I'll work on it.

Why Do Introverts Ignore You?! | 9 ...
Why Do Introverts Ignore You?! | 9 Shocking Truths (Narrated by an INFJ Male)

Archived