Is she genuine or playing games?

Yates33

I posted about this girl before.

I got to talk to this girl online. Quickly got the number, called her. Made a date/meeting for this past Sunday, but nothing was set in stone (no specific place nor exact time). I made the date on thursday with no specifics and Sunday I called her, but missed her. I posted about this and most people said I was party at fault because I never set the specifics and then called her the same day as the date. Anyway, that day She called me back a few hours later apoligizing saying she had a crazy/busy day and she had left her old phone in her house and missed my calls. She sent me her new number and we rescheduled for yesterday (Tuesday).

Yesterday, I call her up two hours before we are suppose to meet and miss her. She calls me back and says she still wants to meet up but has a problem. She says she got fired from her job and now her boss was calling her to meet up with him to return some job related equipment she still had. She says she left on bad terms and wants to get this over with since he will be around the neighborhood. She said she wants to meet up but needs to take care of that, I tell her to let me know within the hour. Within the hour she lets me know that she is very sorry but she's going to have to reschedule, and asks me out for the weekend. I reply that I am busy this weekend (which I am) but I will let her know about Sat during the day, because I might have some time. She says to let her know.

Now my opinion is that this girl isn't lying about her excuse...but she might not be as interested, yet still interested because why would she call/text back everytime I miss her and why would she suggets rescheduling?

I decided I will give her ONE MORE SHOT for sat afternoon. And if it happens again, thats it and I plan on letting her know that.

Opinions appreciated.

With all honesty you have to stop being so up tight. She got fired so its a huge blow to her and so you have to understand that and its not like she left you hanging because she immediately suggested she wants to see you this weekend. I would give her another shot for sure. Would you want someone giving up on you if you cancelled on them due to bad circumstances beyond your control? I dont think so. Give her another shot but be sure to arrange the specifics well in advance and none of this last minute calling before the date

With all honesty you have to stop being so up tight. She got fired so its a huge blow to her and so you have to understand that and its not like she left you hanging because she immediately suggested she wants to see you this weekend. I would give her another shot for sure. Would you want someone giving up on you if you cancelled on them due to bad circumstances beyond your control? I dont think so. Give her another shot but be sure to arrange the specifics well in advance and none of this last minute calling before the date

I agree, you're so uptight. suppose you lose your job, are you going to be able to go for a date happily without complaining with the new person? how come you know she's lying?

I agree, you're so uptight. suppose you lose your job, are you going to be able to go for a date happily without complaining with the new person? how come you know she's lying?

WOAH! Why do you guys keep saying I am uptight? Maybe reading the post will be helpful before passing judgement. If you re-read the post, I think you will feel silly. I NEVER SAID I SCOLDED HER FOR IT. On the CONTRARY, I SAID IN MY LAST SENTENCE, I BELIEVE SHE IS SAYING THE TRUTH!

you guys need to read more carefully

I will usually just try once or twice to set something up, but If I really like a woman, I'll try at least three times. After that it gets somewhat humiliating.

FYI, posting in all caps is rude - it's considering cyber-yelling, and will probably affect how many people reply to your posts.

I will usually just try once or twice to set something up, but If I really like a woman, I'll try at least three times. After that it gets somewhat humiliating.

FYI, posting in all caps is rude - it's considering cyber-yelling, and will probably affect how many people reply to your posts.

Well, I wasn't yelling. I was trying to highlight what I said. If I was yelling, I would have wrote everything in CAPS.

No way to know if she's playing games, but I don't like her excuse at all. Note that she didn't break the date because she was fired, which would have been legitimate in most people's eyes, but that she had to return stuff to her boss. How long could that take? Are we talking an 18 wheeler full of stuff? It just doesn't make any sense. There's a good chance she added in the getting fired part to make an othewise lame excuse sound better.

Did you ask her when exactly she was fired? If it was before she set the date with you, I'd next her for sure. If she got fired the day of the date, I'd give her a pass and go out Saturday but would have to wonder why she threw in the having to give stuff back excuse when she could have just said she got fired and didn't feel like going out. Unless there's more detail we haven't heard, there's some fishy smell here.

And folks who think he is overanalyzing probably haven't been through the wringer wasting time with flaky people.

Just hearing that she was FIRED would have been enough for me to not being interested in seeing her. I mean what kind of person reveals information like that to someone that just met?

Why is that wrong for her to reveal that? You make it sound like people who get fired are bad people and shouldn't share that. It was part of the reason she couldn't meet me, so she told me.

Why is that wrong for her to reveal that? You make it sound like people who get fired are bad people and shouldn't share that. It was part of the reason she couldn't meet me, so she told me.

It sounds strange to me, she could have said laid off. For her to say she was fired would let me know she is not my type of woman. That's just me

I recall her saying she was recently fired, after we made this date. She said her boss was coming into her neighborhood to meet up with her at a cafe so she can give him the job equipment (she explained waht it was)...but that she was trying to figure out when it was he will be around. So I said, call me within an hour and let me know. She did and said she had to reschedule.

I recall her saying she was recently fired, after we made this date. She said her boss was coming into her neighborhood to meet up with her at a cafe so she can give him the job equipment (she explained waht it was)...but that she was trying to figure out when it was he will be around. So I said, call me within an hour and let me know. She did and said she had to reschedule.

I think you should focus your attention on a girl who can keep a ob.

CD what if she was fired because someone at work was making her life miserable and she complained about it? what if the company wasn't paying her on time due to the economy? etc. Getting fired, especially in today's economy, is not necessarily a black mark.

Since she tried to reschedule, would go out with her and see how she acts towards you, but any more flakiness would be telling.

CD what if she was fired because someone at work was making her life miserable and she complained about it? what if the company wasn't paying her on time due to the economy? etc. Getting fired, especially in today's economy, is not necessarily a black mark.

Since she tried to reschedule, would go out with her and see how she acts towards you, but any more flakiness would be telling.

When you are just meeting someone, you don't tell them you were fired because you sound like a loser. She could have said laid off but really shouldn't have mentioned it at all. But I know I wouldn't have wanted a date anyway if a girl told me she was fired

Give her another chance.

I have been this flaky girl at one time and for the simple reason I had a lot of things going on in my life, was pretty stressed and I honestly didn't mean to treat someone like that. I had money problems, was worried I wouldn't find a new place as my lease was running out and I couldn't find another flat, my mum was ill and my sister needed support because she was a wreck after breaking up with her 4 year boyfriend, I was working 3 jobs ... things were crazy, but a lot of people didn't realise/notice. Once when it came to a date, the guy called me to ask whether we were still on and I had completely forgotten about it - not because I didn't like him (I didi) but because I didn't even realise it was Friday as my week had gone so fast and I had so many things to deal with. A couple of weeks later, I kept meaning all week to call and rearrange a date, but suddenly it gt round to the weekend and I hadn't done it, meaning he probably thought I was burning him when I called 2 hours beforehand to re-schedule.

These are just examples, but it does sound to me like this girl has a lot on her plate at the moment. Give her some breathing space in terms of deciding whether she is doing it on purpose or not, but do push her a little in terms of trying to arrange a date. Make sure you arrange the details in advance. then text her the day/evening before to check that you are still on. If she then cancels right on the day/doesn't show up, something is going on.

For the moment, have a bit of patience and give her the opportunity to explain what is causing her to have been acting like that. It may be that there is no real reason and she is just one of those flaky people, in which case it'll be more hassle the whole time, but as you're not sure, it is just as likely that she's in a hectic period, which will pass if you gie it time.

I hope things work out for you and you find out what is going on.

Archived