How often do you see your SO?

ksanija

My bf and i have been together 5 months, and live about 1/2 hour away from each other...i stay over at his place 4 nites a week (but this is usually Thurs,Fri,Sat,Sun or Wed,Fri,Sat,Sun) and we generally either text or chat on the days we don't see each other...but it's like four nites in a row, then i don't see him for three and i really miss him...

5 months into a relationship, is this a normal amount of time to spend together or is wanting more a little selfish?

My bf and i have been together 5 months, and live about 1/2 hour away from each other...i stay over at his place 4 nites a week (but this is usually Thurs,Fri,Sat,Sun or Wed,Fri,Sat,Sun) and we generally either text or chat on the days we don't see each other...but it's like four nites in a row, then i don't see him for three and i really miss him...

5 months into a relationship, is this a normal amount of time to spend together or is wanting more a little selfish?

No wanting more isn't selfish but maybe for him, it's not something he wants right now or has time for (every single day).

For me and my bf, I think the first five months we saw each other about that much. After a year of being together we began seeing each other every single day.

It just gradually kept getting to be more and more often.

We see each other every day. At 5 months, I still saw him every day, but we were best friends before we even dated so that was normal for us. I think for a typical situation, you see each other a reasonable amount, but only you can judge what feels right. Just don't let this guy become your entire world at 5 months.

I think if the both of you are happy with how often you are seeing each other and spending time together then it's fine. But, you are only five months into the relationship though and you shouldn't try to rush into things really quickly. Enjoy the time you are able to spend with him and the time away cause it will bring the both of you closer together. At times it's best to give each the space needed for the both of you. I'm pretty sure there will be a time where you will be spending everyday together but take your time with it.

I was the similar situation in the beginning of my relationship with my bf as well. Well, when I started dating my bf he lived about the same distance as well for the 1st yrs that we have been together (2yrs). At that time I lived with my parents and I would go and drive over there and then drive back (due to parents not wanting me to spend the night with him). When we would see each other it would be about 2 or 3 days during the week and then I would spend Saturday. Though Sundays were always a day where we both needed to get things done so occasionally we would see each other.

But, that did change cause I moved out and now living on my own and he has moved much closer to me which has been nice. But, I do see him almost pretty much every day now and we have grown so much closer together. I will spend the night with him every once in a while during the weekdays but do stay over on the weekends though.

At five months I was living with my boyfriend (still living with him now, about nine months later). Whatever works for you is what you should go with...but make sure your boyfriend is comfortable with how much he is seeing you as well!

I agree with there not being such a thing as a "normal" amount of time to spend together.

I've been with my boyfriend 7 months, and I also stay the night at his house 4 nights a week--this is due to the fact that he works evenings and I work days, so we have to plan around our work schedules.

If you are with him non-stop during the four days which I assume you are since you are sleeping there back to back then the four days should be plenty of time. Remember that everyone needs their own space from time to time and 3 days a week is really not that much free time to hang out alone and with the guys.

From time to time meaning | from ti...
From time to time meaning | from time to time sentences | Common English Idioms #shorts

Archived