Completley unreliable friend, cant take it anymore should I end friendship ?

Need some advice about a supposed good friend, we have been friends 3years- met at work, i always help him out with anything, gave him loads of relationship advice, he used to be a bit of a player i kept telling him to fix up encouraged him to focus on his education, make money, leave the fast girls alone, he finally listened and now is doing quite well with his life.

HOWEVER any time we arrange to meet you can count that he will be over an hour late or he just wont show up, or if he says hes going to call he wont call or his phone will be off all night, the other day we were going to go to see a movie but then he called and was like oh were not doing that anymore lets go to the club, i said i had work 8am so couldnt really go out too late, then he ended up not going out till 11pm and he said oh i guess ur not coming right? even today we arranged to meet up, there was a problem with his phone last night but he said he would be there and he didnt show up! I know he will give some crappy excuse like he didnt think i would show up since we didnt speak on the phone about it, or i didnt call him in the morning- his mobile was off (we arranged it online). I even called him last night while i was work to ask if we were still going to meet today because they were asking me for overtime!!!! Ive really had enough now, last year on my birthday he was so late he missed the whole meal. I really enjoy his friendship but these unreliable times are not worth it. Should I end the relationship???

P.S ive told him so many times how i feel about the situation.

I am not sure what to tell you, but lately, I seem to have MY share of unreliable friends too.

Disheartening at best, isn't it? It makes me feel sometimes like I'm not worth anything to these type of people, but these kind of people don't really WANT to be considerate.

They are selfish, self-centered people, and many times they simply do not CARE how they treat people. I could go over dozens of scenarios with you on certain "friends" but if I was truly honest with myself they are more "acquaintances" than friends.

Do you have others you can hang out with? If so, please think about doing so!

This guy is really very discombobulated when it comes to making plans, or simply very immature!

Believe me, I know you feel. Feel free to PM is you wish.

thanks, I agree with u guys but its such a shame to end an otherwise good friendship over something which is easily avoidable! I would/have never stood him up or been rediculously late therefore its true I deserve the same back,

how should I tell him/act now though??

• 2 weeks later...

If I were you, I would distance myself a little to avoid the grief, but don't cut him out completely. If the conversation is good, keep that. Drop him a line once in a while, but don't rely on him. I would keep the friendship at the "acquaintance level".

What To Do If They Cheat - Do this ...
What To Do If They Cheat - Do this First

Archived