I Know It Maybe a Little Crazy...

mattguy

so Im 23, Ive been doing reception for 6 years. I live downtown toronto and it feels like everyday is groundhog day. same city, same people, same job, same friends, same bars, same neighborhoods ect...

I have this fantasy of just saving up some money and taking a bus somewhere far away from this place. maybe travel to new york of california, find a job somewhere else for a while and just see where life takes me!

i just feel like i am not getting any younger and i need some more excitement in my life....

what do you think.

so Im 23, Ive been doing reception for 6 years. I live downtown toronto and it feels like everyday is groundhog day. same city, same people, same job, same friends, same bars, same neighborhoods ect...

I have this fantasy of just saving up some money and taking a bus somewhere far away from this place. maybe travel to new york of california, find a job somewhere else for a while and just see where life takes me!

i just feel like i am not getting any younger and i need some more excitement in my life....

what do you think.

Well i think this is a good idea, but you have to be somewhat cautious with your decision as well. If you want to explore and try new things either take some small vacations around the world to see new things and meet new people or, if you would really like to live somewhere new, i would definitely secure a job before just taking a bus and hoping for one. With the way everything is right now, jobs are not easy to come by, so I would make sure of that first. I know you mentioned "saving up" but I would still think about having a steady source of income first and then you will be able to move and enjoy something new and exciting

I too live in toronto, and I am so sick of it. I wouldn't mind to moving to the northeast US. For ages I have been looking to move from this city. I'm planning to do a lot of travel in the future...

You are young, the city has much to offer. Perhaps you should move outside of the city limits? Change your regular haunts? I am in my 30s and I can tell you that this city can shock you.

Archived