Ex girlfriend has a new boyfriend

theredsoglory

Hey guys! I just found out today that my ex-girlfriend has got a new boyfriend and for some reason I feel a bit upset. I mean I knew we were never getting back together and that she was bound to find someone as she is so attractive but I still feel like crap. Why do I feel this way? I mean it's not like it's only been a short time since we split (its been just over 8 months) but I'm getting jealous of her new relationship. I have been talking to her recently tho and said I hope things work out with them both and I hope he keeps her happy. But I can't help feeling like crap since I found out. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any replies

yes very normal i think

you should count yourself lucky that she left it for a while before getting together with someone new - it shows you meant something to her. That is the best you can do if you're not getting back together

It's completely normal.

Some people take a little longer to fully heal. I found out my ex got a new boyfriend a few months ago, and I had no feelings what so ever. Although, her and I only dated for a few months, then I decided to push her out of my life, so if you dated your ex longer it will probably take you more time to heal.

Also, do you have a girlfriend? You may just be upset that she is moving on and finding a new guy while you're still single. It may be a little bit of jealousy that she has a relationship while you do not.

To be honest, don't beat yourself up trying to figure it out. Accept it and move on. You'll eventually get to the point where you could careless and that, my friend, is when you're officially over her.=D

Good luck, and things will get better. It seems like you're doing well, so stay on track!=D

I think the jealousy is not so much of her having a boyfriend but more of her having found someone before you have. You feel as is she has moved on and progressed quicker than you and that is usually what drives the jealousy. Had you been in a very happy relationship at the moment I bet it wouldnt bother you one bit.

Well mine found another "date" in about 2 months. As people have said I hope she is happy in her choice. A small part of me hopes she changes her mind and we have a reconciliation but I don't hold out much hope on it. I suggest you do the same as me and try and move on.

Well, it's great you still think she's 'so attractive' but psychology tells us we are attracted to similar people ( so that must mean you are very attractive too!!

Therefore, allow yourself to feel some pangs but move on if you can and find someone who will make you feel GOOD about yourself - when you're ready.

Thanks for all the quick replies people. And no I don't have a girlfriend, I've been single since we split and it might be the fact she has a relationship and I don't. However, I thought I was over her, but obviously as I'm so devistated she has someone else, I still feel for her in some way. I know I'm still attracted to her, I mean in my eyes who wouldn't be. I am trying to move on, I'm currently trying to get a girlfriend but I'm not having the luck at the moment. Hopefully, someone will come along who I can be happy with. Will have to see then if I then can see those two together and not even care.

I appreciate all the replies!

Thanks for all the quick replies people. And no I don't have a girlfriend, I've been single since we split and it might be the fact she has a relationship and I don't. However, I thought I was over her, but obviously as I'm so devistated she has someone else, I still feel for her in some way. I know I'm still attracted to her, I mean in my eyes who wouldn't be. I am trying to move on, I'm currently trying to get a girlfriend but I'm not having the luck at the moment. Hopefully, someone will come along who I can be happy with. Will have to see then if I then can see those two together and not even care.

I appreciate all the replies!

That you are still attracted to her was obvious

However, she could not meet your emotional needs for a long term future and that is much more important - isn't it??

Take your time, you are doing the right things but don't be desparate to find someone just because she has. The right person sometimes comes along when you least expect them...go with the flow, work, play and rest and let things happen. Take care.

if you love her, if you want her, if she is for you, go get that girl!!!!Why you guys always give up? seems like you like her, then do everything you can to win her back. If it doesn't work out, you will have more peace of mind and total closure knowing you dfinitely need to move on

if you love her, if you want her, if she is for you, go get that girl!!!!Why you guys always give up? seems like you like her, then do everything you can to win her back. If it doesn't work out, you will have more peace of mind and total closure knowing you dfinitely need to move on

I would but she isn't even the slightest interested to be honest with you. It was her who finished it all and the whole break up was a lie too, she was hiding the truth away from me to try and not hurt my feelings but she just made it worse. Everything she said during the break up was a lie as she said we was going to get back together but she had no intention right from the start to see me again. I think I know the reason why all this happened, it might be because there was no love in the relationship. We never once said to each other that we loved each other, or once said anything about our feelings. I regret that tho, I really wish I did tell her as I did feel for her a lot.

Your Boyfriend Left You - So What?
Your Boyfriend Left You - So What?

Archived