Massage Therapy

I'm considering going to school in the fall for massage therapy. It's something ive always been interested in and know I would enjoy doing as a career. Any massage therapists on here that can give me an insight to your job or any advice?

my ex graduated from a program like that. as far as i know she still does it on the side to get extra cash. she wasn't making enough doing just that though.

seems like every girl i know went to school for this, and now they are doing the same thing, just on the side for extra cash

Well, you could do it if you are ok living with a low wage for the rest of your life. In Canada, you make about 12-13$/hour when you first start. It's not like there is much room for salary growth either, but I'm sure it would get a bit higher than that with experience.

The most profitable would be to start your own business, but it's very hard to get/maintain clients when you are first starting out. You'll mostly have to start working for others at a meager wage until you can build your reputation.

Most people end up quitting before getting to this point though.

Archived