Quit smoking pot & baci. cant get to sleep.

Cries.In.Vain
Can I Get My Singing Voice Back Aft...
Can I Get My Singing Voice Back After Smoking?

Ok. so heres some background information before i begin.

I have been smoking pot for the past two years, this isnt the problem. the problem is that i smoked bongs for the first 3 months then gradually, joints crept into the picture more and more.

until there were no more bongs, just joints. and id favour that spliff over a bong everytime.

This then led to the problem of being addicted to joints. not addicted to pot, and not addicted to baci, but addicted to the joint as thats what my mind associates the addiction with, not the two separate states, but when there together in that joint.

i can have just weed in my draw, and il go buy baci and roll up. i can have baci in my draw, and there will be ZERO temptation to smoke it. there will however, be a temptation to pickup and roll a spliff.

SO HERES THE PROBLEM.

I just came home for the summer. I go to uni in manchester and live at home during holidays. cant smoke at home, and its hard to get here too. and not worth the deals you can get to be honest.

ive been home for TWO nights and have barely been able to sleep both nights, and when i have woken up, ive been sweating in my sleep.

i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with getting to sleep after they quit smoking pot and tobacco. i used to smoke a bedtime joint before going to sleep in manchester, but at home im going to bed fully sober. its so hard to switch off.

anything i can do to help get my sleeping pattern / ability to fall asleep back ?

wow, yeah your body is going through withdrawal. If there is any acupuncture place nearby, I would recommend that. As well as meditation/breathing exercises. Plenty of fluids to clear the toxins. It's going to be hard for a while, but there isn't much else you can do when going cold turkey like that. I don't think... I'm curious if anyone else has other suggestions.

im not sure whats different about it this time. i think its just the baci im having symptoms from. i have been smoking more heavily this term i guess.

as when i came home for 3 weeks at xmas, i had no symptoms.

doesnt help that i have to be up at 7 every morning to go to work either really. if i had time to just sleep in till the afternoon like i did at chirstmas, this would be fine. its the lying awake for hours at night, then getting up to drive to work on 1 to 2 hours sleep that sucks so much.

no money this month either, so acupuncture etc is out of the window. when i have money to help me with the problem, il be over it anyway. sods law aye.

This is a very common withdrawal symptom. It's happened to every heavy pot smoker I've known who has tried to quit. You'll probably also experience very intense dreams when you finally do get to sleep. All I can say is, it's normal and just ride it out. You'll be fine in a couple of weeks.

If you can, maybe see a doctor about getting something to help you sleep for a few nights. That was the way most of the people I knew got through it.

Everyone I know has gone through the same including me. I literally had to stay up til the early hours with brandy and hot chocolate. I would also mindlessly troll the net and do trivia quizzes and crappy games to my brain was fried.

'Jem drop' for a couple of hours was usually enough to finish me off around 3.30 am. Oh the memories.

Get Fitter.. Go to the gym pump weights etc etc.. you'll be tired then..

When I smoked weed ( day in day out) I remember saying somthing my doctor thought was quite interesting

''It makes doing nothing feel like doing something''

Just find another hobby to do.. I had a smoke on saturday night for the first time in ages and it was amazing.. Couldn't see myself getting more though..

Weed is pretty easy to give up tbh.. easier than caffine

If I were you.. carry on smoking rollies for a while and slowly ease out of it..

Yeah you dropped a bomb on your body by quitting both and breaking your routine. So now you have to pay for it. Give it a week and go for a jog, get tired.

The best way i transitioned from working nights to days was to stay up all night sleep for a few hours then goto work, when you get home from work you'll be exhausted so you can sleep whenever you decide to lay down.

If you start up again i think you shouldn't mix the weed and tobacco together. Your making a super cigarette thats even worse than a regular cigarette...Your not making a super joint, If that makes sense. Just smoke one after the other. The traditional way.

Archived